- Planning your charitable donations with a Donor Advised Fund. Thompson, Mat // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/10/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p12
Discusses the benefits of planning one's charitable donations with Donor Advised Fund. Source of funding for Donor Advised Funds; Important questions to ask in planning charitable donations with Donor Advised Fund; Advantages of a Donor Advised Fund.
- LESSONS FROM THE MONEY 70. Wang, Penelope // Money;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p11
The author offers opinions on investing, advising financiers to copy techniques used by successful mutual funds including buying and holding securities, deciding how much to invest in stocks and bonds and not to evaluate investments by past performance.
- Update. Rose, Sarah // Money;Oct99, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p57
Reveals that Domini Social Equity fund's value passed the $1 billion barrier in August 1999. How assets grew in 1999; What contributed to Domini's rise in assets; Percentage of retirement accounts that hold the Domini fund.
- Fund companies boosting the price of admission. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;7/20/98, Vol. 90 Issue 164, pB7
Discusses minimum investment requirements for several funds as of July 1998. Why Franklin-Templeton is raising its minimum-entry amount; Top performing funds with low-minimum entry-prices, including Idex Growth C; Contact information; Total return; Options for people for whom $500 is a stretch.
- The simplest way to invest. Fenner, Elizabeth // Glamour;Aug98, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p114
Presents question and answer concerning how to invest money. Safety in investing with one mutual fund company.
- When to use a money manager. Brennan, William G. // Financial World;4/22/96, Vol. 165 Issue 7, p70
Gives advice on requiring the services of a money manager and discusses the factors that favor the use of a personal investment manager over a mutual fund. Personal managers' offer of greater tax control; Personal managers' ability to maintain asset allocation.
- TAX-FREE AND MULTI-CHOICE. Hawksley, Flavia // Accountancy;Jan1992, Vol. 109 Issue 1181, p73
Focuses on growth in number of personal equity plans in Great Britain. Means of holding equities free of all taxes; Considerable complications attached to direct investment in Europe; Increased discontent with unit trusts' charges.
- INVESTMENT AND UNIT TRUST PEPs. Dunham, Robin // Accountancy;Jan1992, Vol. 109 Issue 1181, p74
Deals with the main attraction of putting personal equity plan money into investment and unit trusts in Great Britain. Increase in investment trust flotations in the stock market in 1991; Fall in the discount on net asset value of investment trust shares; Advantages to split capital investment...
- `Herd' on the street, focusing on noise. Lynagh, Gilbert C. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;2/3/97, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p12
Presents a discussion on herd mentality or wholesale buying in mutual funds. Reasons behind this behavior; Difference between buying and investing; Advice in investing in this condition.