Debt Panel OKs Revamping Outdated Public Policy Statements
- Gaffney Ready to Leave GFOA. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;12/6/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33825, p1
The article announces the retirement of Susan Gaffney from the post of federal liaison director of the organization Government Finance Officers Association.
- As Congress Mulls Bond Curbs This Week, Members Can Only Wait. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p6
The article reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's concern about the "unnecessary" tax-exempt bond curbs that could wind up long-delayed 2006 tax-reconciliation legislation. According to federal liaison director Susan Gaffney, a congressional conference committee has reached...
- Susan Gaffney Joins Municipal Advisor Group as Executive Director. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34361, p1
Susan Gaffney has been hired as executive director of the National Association of Municipal Advisors.
- Task force recommends budget advisory council. // American City & County;Jun94, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's formation of the National Task Force on State and Local Budgeting to develop budgetary practices for states and localities. Provision of guidance on what constitutes sound budgetary policies; Quality assessment; Feedback from task force...
- SEC, MSRB Should Craft Suitability Standards: GFOA. Quigley, Joan // Bond Buyer;12/5/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33626, p1
The article reports on the statements of Susan Gaffney, director of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), regarding the need of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to adhere on sustainability standards in then U.S.
- GFOA studies state and local government revenue collection. // Public Management (00333611);Oct97, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p44
Highlights the results of the survey conducted by the Government Finance Officers Association showing the improvements of state and local governments' revenue collections in the United States. Changes to the revenue collection processes; Enhancement of computer systems; Acceptance of electronic...
- Clarification. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p2
A correction to the article which incorrectly identified an individual who criticized the National Association of Bond Lawyers is an adviser to the Government Finance Officers Association debt committee is presented.
- GASB's Statement 34 is a step in the right direction. Reardon Jr., Robert M. // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p36
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's objections to the United States Government Accounting Standards Board Statement 34. Arguments against fixed-asset reporting; Importance of the establishment of accounting standards.
- GFOA says hearing panel unbalanced. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30194, p32
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)'s complaints against a US Senate Banking Committee panel's supposed bias toward preempting state securities laws. Letter sent by the GFOA to panel officials; Submission by the North American Securities Administrators Association Inc....