GFOA Blasts NFMA Over Disclosure
- NFMA's proposals should be voluntary, GFOA says. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30771, p4
Reports on a warning by the Government Finance Officer Association that the best disclosure practices proposed by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts for municipal bonds should be voluntary. Concerns about some of the recommendations; Positive aspects of the recommendations.
- NFMA Fears Rule's Effect On Issuers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30879, p1
Focuses on the National Federation of Municipal Analysts' warning that the United States Securities & Exchange Commission's (SEC) fair disclosure rule may be used by municipal issuers to avoid disclosing bond-related data to analysts and other market participants. Call on the SEC to strongly...
- NFMA Posts Guidelines For Hospitals. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30953, p1
Reports on the guidelines released by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts. Need for hospital officials to issue quarterly and annual financial reports to investors; Improvement of information flow in the municipal bond market.
- NFMA Complains to SEC While MAGNY Quizzes Members. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p4
Reports on the concerns of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts concerning the municipal disclosure system in the United States. Possible changes in bond opinions; Tax enforcement of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Issuers told to heed NFMA's position on yield burning. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30483, p1
Reports on the National Federation of Municipal Analysts' call for municipal issuers to disclose notices from the United States Internal Revenue Service about potential yield-burning abuses, including preliminary notifications that their bonds are under investigation. Conflict over whether...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;1/5/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33643, p5
The article offers information on several municipal bond-related activities from January 2012 to April 2012 including the 2012 New York State IDA Section Conference, Intro Bond Finance Course, and 29th annual conference from the National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA).
- Analysts harshly criticize impact of SEC disclosure rules. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;4/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30374, p1
Discusses the report made by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts on the regulations imposed by the US Securities and Exchange Commission for secondary disclosure in the municipal market. Impact of the regulations in primary market disclosure; Ways in which the regulations may be...
- Group sets disclosure guidelines. Kennedy, Dina // American City & County;Jan2000, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p8
Reports that adequate disclosure in the municipal securities market remains an issue for the National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA). Highlights of NFMA draft papers on the issue; Recommendations of the Hospital Paper; Industry comment generated by the Land Secured Finance Paper; Focus...
- NFMA: Disclosure White Paper, Internet Gateway Page on Agenda. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p1
Reports on the white paper of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts for the application of the federal securities laws to disclosure in Washington. Encouragement of municipal issuers to provide bond-related information to investors; Establishment of a national gateway page on the web...