House Tax Bill Amended
- New Tax Bill Goes Easier On SILOs. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p1
Reports that U.S. House Ways and Means Chairman Bill Thomas has unveiled a version of his corporate tax bill in May 2004. Bill's restriction of sale-in, lease-out deals and allow states and localities to lease facilities that have been financed with tax-exempt bonds; Extension of the use of New...
- Early voting begins Jan. 2. // Malakoff News (TX);12/28/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 52, p1A
The article provides information regarding the early voting in the Malakoff tax rollback election, which will begin on January 2, 2008 through January 15, 2008 in Malakoff, Texas.
- Corporate Tax Overhaul. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;7/13/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p1
The article reports that a public hearing to review the business structure of Illinois is scheduled for July 19,2011 in downtown Chicago.
- Structural faults. Speedy, Sonia // Corporate Adviser;Apr2009, p38
The article reports on the attractions of the investors on structured products. It states that the structured products, which include guaranteed bonds and fixed income, work on the basis that investors receive a return tied to the performance of a particular indicator, particularly the FTSE 100....
- Frederick County, Md., Deal Popular Among Underwriters. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32125, p32
The article reports that at least 10 firms plan to bid to underwrite nearly $108 million of general obligation advance refunding bonds for Frederick County, Maryland. Bond proceeds will refund callable portions of the county's outstanding series 1999 and 2000 GO bonds and consolidated public...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, May 24. // Bond Buyer;5/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32140, p2
This article focuses on information related to market snapshot of stocks.
- Government to legislate on roll-up funds. // Accountancy;Oct83, Vol. 94 Issue 1082, p10
The article reports that the chancellor, Nigel Lawson, announced that the Government is to incorporate new rules in next year's Finance Act to tax investments by British residents in offshore roll-up funds on the basis of income or corporation tax, rather than capital gains tax. The changes will...
- Spring Hope. Black, Pamela J. // Bank Investment Consultant;May2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Dick Ayotte concerning the 2009 TPM Report Card, a cover story entitled "Who are the Best TPMs?," and another one concerning the use of a grantor-retained annuity trust in transferring wealth to children.
- Editor's Introduction. Kutan, Ali M. // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Aaro Hazak on the impact of the corporate tax system on capital structure and dividend decisions of firms in Estonia, one by Joshua Krausz and colleagues on the use of technical rules in predicting stock returns,...