FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Pico Rivera, Calif., School District Rating Dropped. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;12/26/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34034, p1
The article focuses on the report of sredit rating company Moody's Investors Service Inc., which downgraded the general obligation bonds of a Pico Rivera, California school district to A2 from A1 and gave the district a negative outlook affecting debt of 69 million dollars.
- Moody's Boosts Outlook to Positive For Richmond, VA., Public Utility Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p5
Reports on the ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the outstanding debt issued by Richmond, Virginia for its department of public utilities. Use of the proceeds from the bonds to finance various system capital projects; Reflection of the stable financial operations of the...
- Speculative-Bond Default Rate Declines. // American Banker;8/14/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 156, p20
Moody's Investors Service Inc. said Wednesday that the global default rate on speculative-grade corporate bonds fell to 5.8% in July, from 6% in June. Nine defaults occurred last month, on a total of $8.7 billion of debt, Moody's said. July's largest defaults resulted from U.S. bankruptcies,...
- Newly Upgraded Washington Utility District Refunding $75M. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p31
Reports on the slae of the revenue refunding bonds of Public Utility District No. 1 backed by the rating upgrade from Moody's Investors Service in Douglas County, Washington. Upgrading of the outstanding debt; Amount of the alternative minimum tax; Provision of lowest energy cost.
- TVA Spin-off Would Be Negative for Resellers: Moody's. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/17/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34076, p20
The article reports that credit of 155 local power companies will be affected if the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama severs ties with the Tennessee Vaslley Authority (TVA), according to Moody's Investors Service. The federal government is planning to transfer ownership of TVA to...
- INDIANA: Utility Bonds Power Down. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/28/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32762, p9
The article reports on the declination of the ratings of Indianapolis' gas utility system from Aa3 to A2 rated by the Moody's Investors Service in Indiana. The utility bonds declination manifests the Citizens Gas and Coke Utility's failure in 2005-2006 to establish debt service coverage worth...
- Moody's Lowers Detroit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/25/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33172, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has ranked down-grade bond ratings in Detroit, Michigan. It states that the figure was affected by the declined automobile industry in the U.S. wherein Detroit suffered by 28.2% unemployment rate, 275 million dollars accumulated deficit...
- Orange Co. upgraded by Moody's. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30732, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of Orange County, California's bonds, five years after the country's credit rating declined due to its bankruptcy. Management trend in fiscal prudence which helped the county achieve rating upgrades; Ratings of the county's pension...
- Ferguson, Mo., on Path to Insolvency, Gets Downgrade to Junk. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;9/17/2015, p1
Ferguson, Mo. lost its investment-grade rating Thursday when Moody's Investors Service dropped its rating four notches in a sign of the financial fallout from the fatal 2014 police shooting of Michael Brown.