Judge Set to Decide Legality of Kentucky Governor's Spending Plan
- Kentucky Debt Coming. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32087, p1
Reports on the development of a bill that will guard against doing damage to bond rating for debt service in Kentucky. Consideration of the bond proposal; Concern of Governor Ernie Fletcher about the amount of debt in budget; Amount of bond-funded projects.
- Clinton signs bill with cap increase. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30505, p9
Reports that United States President Bill Clinton signed the catch-all spending bill containing the bond provision which increases the private-activity volume cap. Provisions imposed under the bill; Overview on the tax portion of the legislation; Volume cap increase as a top priority of...
- KENTUCKY: Spending the Surplus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/4/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32541, p23
The article reports on the decision of the Kentucky General Assembly to use the surplus and authorizing bonds for university projects. The decision came after Governor Ernie Fletcher vetoed a hundred-million worth of bonds, mostly for university projects, fearing the effect of rising debt on the...
- Kentucky Senate OKs $ l00M Bill to Lure Energy Companies. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/28/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32701, p3
The article reports on the passage of a sweeping energy bill by the Kentucky Senate, that authorizes $100 million of bonds and various tax credits as incentives to lure new energy-producing companies to the commonwealth. The Energy Independence Act awaits the signature of Governor Ernie...
- Authority to set new Mello-Roos guidelines. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30287, p37
Announces a meeting set for January 1998, by the Antioch Area Public Facilities Finance Authority when voting will take place on a set of guidelines for spending Mello-Roos bonds. Why this voting is taking place; Information on the creation of the Mello-Roos district; What Mello-Roos bond are;...
- Fletcher Vs. Baesler. // Human Events;10/20/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 38, p16
Provides information on the senatorial race between Republican Ernie Fletcher and Democrat Scotty Baesler for Kentucky's Lexington-based 6th District. Career background of both candidates.
- Saving Our State Through Financial Restructuring and Debt Reduction. Corzine, Jon S. // New Jersey CPA;May/Jun2008, p47
The article discusses measures and initiatives implemented by legislators in New Jersey to save the state from financial crisis, which include a spending limit in the future budgets, a limit on future borrowings and a toll-value mechanism to help the state reduce its debt. In addition to their...
- N.Y. lawmakers blast Gov. Pataki for vetoing bonds. Kaplan, David; Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;04/28/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30381, p1
Reports on the reaction of New York State legislators on Governor George Pataki's decision to excise $760 million of spending and $849 million of bond issuance from their budget. Pataki's position on the integration of addition spending in the state's proposed budget; Items vetoed in the...
- Legislative session was embarrassment. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/21/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, pA4
Editorial. Comments on the legislative session for emergency-reserve fund in Washington. Failure of the legislators to discuss reduced spending and government jobs; Effect of health-care plan premiums on businesses and workers; Legislation for capital projects.