Virginia Governor Proposes Budget Amendments to Assembly
- Virginia's Warner Set to Sign $145M Bond Bill to Fund Dulles Rail Link. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p3
Reports on the plans of Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner to sign into law a bill that would authorize transportation revenue bonds to fund an extension of Washington, D.C.-based Metrorail system to Dulles Airport. Sponsor of the bill; Senate's approval of the measure; Hopes of the Virginia...
- Virginia Governor Says $850 Million Tobacco Deal Likely to Happen by July. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p3
Reports that Virginia's tax-exempt bond deal of roughly $850 million is expected to reach the market by July 2003 according to the state's governor Mark R. Warner. Specifications regarding the usage of proceeds from bond sale under a law enacted in the state in May 2002; Importance of the...
- Virginia Governor Buries Estate Tax Repeal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p4
Mark R. Warner, governor of Virginia, vetoed a legislation on March 24, 2003 that would have eliminated the state's estate tax, but state lawmakers may override his veto and enact the bill without his signature at a special â€œ veto session â€ next week. The tax-repeal measure, if...
- Virginia's Gov. Warner Urges Action to Save Triple-A Rating. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31802, p5
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner has urged lawmakers to protect gilt-edged general obligation rating. Enactment of budgetary and tax reform proposals; Budget proposal for 2005-2006; Comparison of bond proposal with tax-exempt bond issuance proposed by lawmakers in separate legislation.
- Gov. Warner Confident of a Virginia Budget Compromise. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p4
Focuses on the confidence of Governor Mark R. Warner on the agreement to protect the state's triple-A general obligation bond rating in Virginia. Implication for the absence of biennial budget for fiscal 2005-06; Elimination of budget deficit; Projection on the budget deficit.
- Frans Sell Well. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p31
Reports on the sale of a multi-million dollar federal highway reimbursement anticipation notes by Governor Mark R. Warner to fund state transportation projects in Virginia.
- Virginia Gov. Warner Considering $225M Bond Bill for Higher Education. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p9
Reports on the approval of bill authorizing the sale of a tax-exempt general obligation bonds by the Virginia General Assembly in Virginia. Use of such bonds to finance universities and colleges facilities and construction of student housing at George Mason University; Support given to the...
- Virginia Governor's Budget Plan Includes Nearly $740M in Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p28
Presents the proposed budget of Virginia governor Mark R. Warner for the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium. Inclusion of bond-issuance proposals; Combination of proposed tax increases and reductions; Amount of the budget.
- Next Stop, Virginia's Voters. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31378, p1
Reports the signing of tax-exempt revenue bond issuance by governor, Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Passage of sales-tax hikes in referendums; Increase the local portion of the state sales tax; Finances in regional transportation programs.