Charter School Revise
- Fitch Downgrades Several Pontiac, Mich., Credits, Dropping Some to Junk Status. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32509, p37
The article reports that Fitch Ratings has downgraded nearly $50 million of debt issued through agencies of Pontiac, Michigan. The downgrading resulted to the dropping of the debt to junk status and placing the ratings on watch for possible further downgrades. The Pontiac Tax Increment Finance...
- Waste Grade. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p35
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has assigned an A-plus/F-1 rating to Gilliam County's Series 2003A variable-rate demand on solid-waste revenue bonds in Oregon.
- Steel City's BBB Deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's general obligation municipal bonds received a BBB credit rating from Fitch Ratings. The rating and an outlook of "stable" also apply to outstanding general obligation debt of $766 million. Fitch cited the city's improved finances due to...
- JEDA Affirmation. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32179, p31
Reports on the affirmation of Fitch Ratings Inc. to the BBB rating it issued to the debt sold by the South Carolina Jobs Economic Development Authority. Type of bonds affected by the affirmation; Reason for affirming the company's credit quality.
- Fitch Bumps Outlook for $274M of Jefferson Parish, La., Debt to Stable. Desue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p6
The article reports on the credit rating upgrade made by Fitch Ratings Inc., for about $274 million of debt issued by Jefferson Parish, Louisiana and two bond issuers in the parish, the Consolidated Recreation and Community Center and Playground District, Subdistrict No. 1 and Fire District No....
- Fitch Outlines Criteria for Determining Role of Moral Obligations in Ratings. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32270, p43
The article focuses on a report released by Fitch Ratings Inc., which outlined criteria for determining role of moral obligations (MOs) in ratings. While not legally binding, moral obligations are widely employed in tax-exempt debt markets to provide an extra degree of security to lenders. MOs...
- Washington County, Md., Upgraded, Affirmed Ahead of $25 Million Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p28
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrade and Fitch Ratings Inc.'s affirmation of underlying credit ratings for Washington County, Maryland in advance of the country's competitive sale of $25.5 million in general obligation bonds. The rating on the county's $129.4 million of...
- Fitch Drops Rating on California's Trinity County to Speculative Level. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32110, p32
Reports that Fitch Ratings has downgraded the rating of Trinity County, California's outstanding certificates of participation. Claim that Fitch cited the county's debilitated financial position, substantial operating losses at its hospital and its assessment of county management actions as...
- California Water Rate Increases Seen Boosting Credits. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;8/19/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34363, p1
A survey Fitch Ratings conducted of 49 California water utilities found that customers can expect rate increases and that those increases bode well for California water districts' credit quality through 2017.