Cities on the Mend
- Moody's: L.A. on Track to Improve Credit Profile. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;12/16/2014, Issue 34227, p1
Strong financial management combined with a growing tax base, diverse economy, and growing reserves have placed Los Angeles in a position to strengthen its credit profile, Moody's Investors Service analysts said.
- Moody's Investors Service. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p31
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the credit rating of the sixty million dollars of general obligation bonds sold by Gatlinburg in Tennessee. The restructuring reflects increase in the city's tax base, population, strong financial operations and managed debt...
- Moody's has placed a negative outlook on the city's rating, which means it faces a more-than-50-percent chance of a downgrade. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p25
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has placed a negative outlook on the rating of the city of Indianapolis, Indiana. Debt pressure of the city; Concern over the unfunded public safety pension liabilities; Evaluation of the traditional conservative approach to financing.
- Minneapolis Loses Moody's Triple-A. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;7/31/2013, p3
The article reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the credit rating of the city of Minneapolis, Minnesota from Aaa to Aa1. The rating downgrade has been attributed to the size of the city's pension burden and the change in Moody's way of assessing pension...
- Mayor's Problems Worsen as Moody's Downgrades Macon, Ga., to A1. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p5
Reports that Moody's Investors Service downgraded Macon, Georgia because the city had to tap its reserves, which severely weakened its cash position. Financial concerns stemming from the city losing revenues after a sales tax agreement had to be altered.
- Forney, Tex., Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on the outstanding parity debt of Forney, Texas.
- Moody's Drops Michigan to Aa3 From Aa2. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/1/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32619, p1
The article reports on the effort of Moody's Investors Service Inc. which affects the $19.3 billion of Michigan state-backed debt. The deal is said to lower the state's credit down to Aa3 with a stable outlook from Aa2 with a negative outlook. Furthermore, it is argued that the downgrade has...
- Halifax Gets a Boost. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32269, p45
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the credit rating of Halifax County, North Carolina to A3 from Baa1. The upgrade reflects the county's ability to maintain a strong financial position despite challenges from a weaker local economic base. The upgrade affects...
- Suriname Gets Rated. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/9/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the credit rating given by Moody's to Suriname in terms of domestic and foreign sovereign debt as of February 9, 2004. Factors influencing the ratings on Suriname; Comparison of the ratings of Suriname with Jamaica and Brazil.