College's Better Outlook
- S&P Upgrades Orange County, Calif., Ahead of $82M Refunding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p1
Focuses on the effort of Standard & Poor's Corp. in upgrading the issuer credit rating of Orange County, California. Amount intended for the bond refunding; Offer of ad valorem taxes; Financial flexibility of discretionary revenues and expenditures.
- Puerto Rico To Refund $1 Billion. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p1
The government of Puerto Rico has decided to price $ 1 billion in triple-tax-exempt refunding bonds, following the decision of rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. to take the commonwealth off credit watch and assigned a negative outlook to its A-minus rating. Concerns over the pace of...
- Midwestern U. Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the improvement of rating for Midwestern University by Standard & Poor's Corp. into the single A category with the refunding of school in Arizona. Worth of the refunding program; Impact of the upgrade with debt of the school; Factors influencing the upgrade.
- Marble Falls, Texas, Upgraded to A-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;11/25/2014, p35
The article focuses on increase in the long-term and underlying ratings (SPUR) of general obligation debt for Marble Falls in Texas, by the credit ratings firm Standard & Poor's Ratings Services Inc. It reports that the ratings were raised from A to A-plus, reflecting the city's improved...
- OHIO: Canton Schools Fall to BBB. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32591, p9
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. has dropped its rating assigned to Canton City, Ohio School District to BBB from A-minus. The rating reflects the district's structural budget imbalance and expected negative general fund balance for 2007. The measure affects the outstanding...
- ADDING PREPAY PENALTY WARRANTS. // National Mortgage News;7/7/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p11
Reports on the revision of the â€œform of comfortâ€ of the Ratings Services of Standard & Poor's Corp. for the securitization of prepayment penalties. Origination and enforceability of the warranties; Legal requirements governing prepayment penalties; Federal pre-emption protection in...
- Shell Point Village, Fla., Upgraded to BBB-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p26
The article reports that the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has raised the ratings of the revenue debt of Lee County Industrial Development Authority from BB-plus to BB-minus.
- OHIO: Carroll Water District Raised. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/30/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32639, p8
The article reports on the upgrade of ratings on Carroll Water and Sewer District's debt to BBB-plus from BBB-minus, by Standard & Poor's Corp in Ohio. The upgrade is in recognition of the system's ability to maintain an improved cash position of at least one times debt service coverage. The...
- 5&P Downgrades West Haven, Conn., to BBB. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32468, p6
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded the outstanding general debt of West Haven, Connecticut from A to BBB and placed the rating on credit watch with negative implications. According to the statement of Standard & Poor's, the city's fiscal audit indicates an unreserved...