N.C. Panel OKs $338M for Health Facilities
- Rate Rise Prompts N.J. to Delay Transportation Refunding of Up to $1.9B. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p32
Reports that rising interest rates have prompted New Jersey to delay a refunding deal for the state's Transportation Trust Fund Authority (TTFA) that may be as much as $1.9 billion of outstanding debt. Possibility of the sale being revived should rates ease; Underwriter Bear, Stearns & Co. to...
- Texas Tran Deal to Dominate Light Pre-Labor Day Primary. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32201, p6
Reports on developments in bond deals in the United States. Sale of tax and revenue anticipation notes in Texas; Worth of variable-rate notes that the American Public Energy Agency will sell in Nebraska; New York State Thruway Authority's sale of its long-awaited second general highway and...
- Germany using pension bonds to delay contributions. Hua, Thao // Pensions & Investments;6/26/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p32
The article reports that Germany has decided to issue four tranches of fixed-rate notes backed by its postal and telecommunications pension fund. Among the leading investors of these bonds are other pension funds using the securities to better match their assets with future liabilities. These...
- Savings Bonds: Actions Needed to Increase the Reliability of Cost-effectiveness Measures: GAO-03-513. // GAO Reports;6/16/2003, p1
While the Treasury generally pays lower interest rates on U.S. Savings Bonds than it does on other forms of borrowing from the public, it also incurs substantially higher administrative costs to issue and redeem the paper savings bond certificates. To determine whether these higher...
- Deals of the Year. Kittower, Diane // Governing;Apr2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p58
Provides information on the securities transactions made by U.S. states and localities in 2004 to solve problems such as financing for state-backed insurance. Sale of bonds by the state of Florida to Citizens Property Insurance Corp. for insurance coverage of damages caused by the hurricanes...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p33
Reports on bonds issued in several states in the United States as of July 27-28, 2005. Amount.
- Refunding Piece of Pennsylvania Deal Grows in Response to Interest Rates. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;1/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31811, p44
Reports on the long-delayed general obligation bond sale of Pennsylvania. Amount of the bond; Terms; Purpose of the proceeds derived from the sale.
- Treasury to Sell $30B 4-Week Bills. // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p18
The article reports plans of the Treasury Department to sell 30 billion U.S. dollars of 4-week discount bills.
- MIG-1 for L.A. Trans. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31918, p31
Reports on the rating conferred by Moody's Investors Service to the tax and revenue anticipatory notes held for sale by Los Angeles, California. Aggregate amount of the notes; Type of rating assigned to the bonds; Purposed of the proceeds which will be derived from the sale.