House Vote Imminent on Amended Corporate Tax Overhaul Bill
- Tax Reconciliation Package Battle Continues. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Congress is likely to pick members of a conference committee to settle differences between Senate and the House tax reconciliation bills. The Senate version of the tax reconciliation legislation includes pooled bonds restrictions and a broker-dealer reporting...
- Roll Call. // Human Events;07/28/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 27, p23
Reports on the decision of the United States House to approve a bill which eliminate the marriage penalty for couples. Highlights on the bill; Comments from legislators.
- House Votes to Sunset Current Tax Code by 2004. // Human Events;05/05/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 16, p23
Reports on the approval by the United States House of the Date Certain Tax Code Replacement Act which would replace the tax code system of on December 31, 2004. Highlights on the bill; Comments from legislators; Details on the vote.
- Why There Was No Stimulus Bill. McIntyre, Robert S. // American Prospect;1/28/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p17
Discusses the failure of Republican legislators to pass a corporate tax-cut legislation in the U.S. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the proposed corporate tax-cut package; Details on the passage of a corporate tax cut legislation proposed by California Republican Bill...
- House Approves Tax Bill; Bush Administration Threatens Veto. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;9/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32971, p3
The article focuses on the approval of the U.S. House tax bill to extend several expiring tax breaks and provide tax incentives for renewable energy production. The bill will authorize $400 million in qualified zone academy bonds in each of 2008 and 2009, and extend qualified green building and...
- House Panel's Corporate Tax Bill Includes TOB Protection. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p5
Reports that the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee will vote on a corporate tax-relief bill that includes a provision about tender-option bonds protection. Committee chairman Bill Thomas' introduction of the bill; Call for corporate tax cuts; Revenue-raising provisions of the bill.
- GFOA Panel Won't Yet Comment on NABL Tax Law Proposal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;1/31/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31315, p4
Reports on the extension of the U.S. Government Finance Officers Association's debt committee for taking a position on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' legislative proposal to make issuers responsible for tax law violations. Factors affecting the proposal's enactment; Provisions of the...
- Housing Bond Bill Reintroduced in House. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p26
Reports that a major housing bond bill was reintroduced in the U.S. House by Republican party member Amo Houghton as of January 2003. Committee in which Houghton is a member; Details of the bill according to an aide of Houghton; Views of the executive director of the National Council of State...
- House Measure Gives Conservation Group OK to Buy Land With Bonds. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p6
Reports that the U.S. House approved a legislation that would allow a nonprofit conservation group to buy land with tax-exempt bonds and back the bonds with revenue from selling timber grown on the land. Details of the legislation; Legislator that introduced the legislation; Reaction of...