Resolution Adopted Opposing Curbs By Congress on Leasing Transactions
- House Vote Imminent on Amended Corporate Tax Overhaul Bill. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p5
Reports that the United States House is expected to on the $155 billion corporate tax overhaul bill approved by the Ways and Means Committee. Amendments and footnotes that would extend the New York Liberty Zone bond program for five years; Clarification of restrictions on tax-advantaged leasing...
- A grounded theory approach to the minerals resource rent tax. Kraal, Diane // Australian Tax Forum;2013, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p841
Governments around the world are under constant pressure to reduce deficits and balance their national budgets. The previous heterodoxy of suggesting new or higher taxes has now become orthodoxy. A recent example is the returned Barack Obama administration, which is emboldened to the task of...
- Jefferson County Votes to Reject Lease Securing Revenue Warrants. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/22/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33769, p3
The article reports that the Bessemer court house and jail lease, a lease amidst Jefferson County Public Building Authority (JPBA) and Jefferson County, which secures dollar 82.5 million of outstanding 2006 revenue warrants from U.S. based JPBA has been rejected by the Jefferson County Commission.
- Senate Drops Foreign Reinsurance Tax Hike. // Risk Management (00355593);May86, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p8
This article reports on the possibility that the U.S. Senate will not include a provision, contained in the tax bill passed by the House, that would increase the federal excise tax on reinsurance ceded abroad from one percent to four percent. If the Senate passes a tax reform bill, the Risk and...
- House considers bills to change rental taxes. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p2
The article presents information about the two legislative bills, namely 4375 and 4376 introduced by the U.S. House meant for taxing commercial rental property. Both the bills would allow a property's increase in occupancy to affect its taxable value. It counteracts a decision of the Michigan...
- TRALA backs bill to ban new rental taxes. // Bulk Transporter;Jun2007, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that the Truck Renting and Leasing Association (TRALA) is supporting the legislation introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives that would ban states and localities from implementing new discriminatory motor vehicle rental taxes. A study has indicated that consumers have...
- A celebration of the very best in European rental. // International Rental News;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on the celebration of the European Rental Awards organised by the European Rental Association (ERA) and the journal "International Rental News" during the annual convention of the organization in the Netherlands on June 25, 2014.
- Upward reviews face axe. Wehner, Piers // Estates Gazette;11/29/2003, Issue 348, p25
Reports on the plan of the British government to create a legislation prohibiting upward-only rent reviews. Background of the upward-only rent system; Views of the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister on the system; Remarks from British Property Federation Chief Executive Liz Peace on the effect...
- HIT or MISS. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/8/2001, Issue 322832, p34
Reports developments of several businesses as of October 2001 in the United States. Negotiation on the lease of a stadium by the San Diego City Council; Price of houses for households; Appeal of the US state governors on the ban Internet taxes.