Post Office Advocates Hammer Message: Test, Test, Test
- Local government needs new ideas. Roca, Giles // PRWeek (London);4/11/2008, p8
The author reflects on the efforts of the local government in Essex, England to represent the concerns of its own communities. According to him, a local authority here plans to keep open a number of post offices. He points out the need for local authorities to have a different mind-set to that...
- Untitled. Seaman, Owen // Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 158, 1920-05-19;1/1/1920, p34
Several excerpts from periodicals on topics including coincidence, post office treasury bonds, and professions are presented.
- Essex's success story in keeping post offices open. // PRWeek (London);2/15/2008, p6
The article reports that the public relations (PR) and lobbying campaign called "Fighting for Essex's Post Offices" by the Essex County Council in England has resulted in negotiations to keep a number of its post office branches open. It notes that the campaign was in response to the nationwide...
- CPO Ready To Accept Submissions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31964, p1
Reports that the long-awaited central post office disclosure facility opened for business in the U.S. on September 7, 2004. Key role of the facility in enabling municipal issuers to voluntarily file their secondary market disclosure documents through DisclosureUSA.com so that documents can be...
- Aqua-mail! // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/8/2003, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the first underwater post office in Vanuatu, as of September 2003.
- Point of view: Post offices in the year 2,000. Hibbard, Theodore // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;02/13/98, Vol. 182 Issue 7, p45
Opinion. Predicts the state of post office stations in the United States in the year 2000. Merchandise available in post offices aside from stamps; Trend toward increasing number of goods found in post offices.
- Top Southeastern Arizona post offices. Trower, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;11/18/96, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p8
Lists the top post offices in Southeastern Arizona. Name and address of firm; Revenue in 1995 and 1996; Mail volume in 1995 and 1996; Volume percentage change; Population served; Name of postmaster.
- World of Stamps: Island Communities: Hainan Samah Land Post and Hai-Hao (Haikou). S�r-Reime, Geir // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;4/2/2010, Vol. 206 Issue 8, p12
The article offers a brief history of the Hainan Samah Land Post and a French Indo-China post-office in Hai-Hao, both in Hainan, China.
- World's First Undersea Post Office. Brunstr�m, Christer // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;9/14/2007, Vol. 201 Issue 11, p5
The article presents information on the history of the Sea Floor post office in the Bahamas which opened on August 16, 1939.