'Donee States' Want Transportation Funding Formula Unchanged
- Metalforming Educational Foundation Offers $208,500 in Grants. // Welding Journal;Oct2006, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the grant budget of the Precision Metalforming Association Educational Foundation (PMAEF) for fiscal year 2007 in Cleveland, Ohio. The association's board of trustees decided to increase its grant budget of nearly $40,000 from last year's budget. The foundation supports...
- Governors Association Makes Grants To 13 States. // Parks & Recreation;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p20
Reports the number of U.S. states selected by the National Governors Association's Center for Best Practices to receive grants. Purpose of the grants; Information on the states selected by the association; Criteria for the selection of each state.
- FTA Awards Virginia $58.9 Million Grant for Dulles Airport Rail Link. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p5
Announces the grant awarded by the U.S. Federal Transit Administration to begin administration work for the extension of the Metrorail subway system to Washington Dulles International Airport. Benefits of the grant.
- Politics of CREATE. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;10/9/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 41, p27
The article reports on the provision of an additional funding for the $1.5 billion Chicago Region Environmental and Transportation Efficiency rail improvement program in Chicago, Illinois. Illinois Representative Daniel Lipinski has revealed that the railroad companies, the federal, state, and...
- On Track in Florida. // Governing;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p66
Reports on a grant given by the U.S. federal government to TriRail in Florida for the completion of all track along the 71-mile route of the system in 2000.
- The effects of federal transit subsidy policy on investment decisions: The case of San Francisco's Geary Corridor. Jianling Li; Wachs, Martin // Transportation;Feb2004, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p43
In the United States, federal funding for public transit often accounts for a large proportion of a local agency's budget, especially for capital investments. For this reason, local governments can be expected to plan a portfolio of projects that maximize federal contributions. This study...
- Clean grants given two-month slots. // Commercial Motor;5/27/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5081, p12
Reports on the decision of the Energy Saving Trust (EST) to change grant system for environmental trucks. Impact of the decision on truck operators; Reaction of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders to the decision; Statement issued by EST on the new grant system.
- Levy calls for bus fare. Samuels, Michael H. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/6/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 28, p42A
The article reports that Suffolk County executive Steve Levy has requested the New York Dept. of Transportation to increase their bus aid allocation. According to the author, Levy stressed that the county only receives $35 million transportation grant which is not sufficient to support its large...
- IMAPS to Award $15,000 Educational Grants. // Circuits Assembly;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p10
The IMAPS Sidney J. Stein Educational Foundation will accept proposals for student grants from faculty members at accredited colleges or universities in engineering, materials science and related technical disciplines impacting microelectronics technology. Proposals should indicate that suitable...