NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sanchez, Humberto; Ferris, Craig T.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p1
Presents news briefs related to bonds and securities in the U.S. as of December 6, 2002. Decrease in applications for state unemployment benefits; Revision of federal indexes of industrial production and capacity utilization; Details on the sale of cash management bills by the Treasury Department.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the United States as of May 2001. Announcement of the decrease of import prices index by the Department of labor; Decline of the Chicago Fed Midwest Manufacturing Index; Amount of unemployment benefits.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Reduction in the applications for state unemployment benefits; Increase in the import price index; Inventories of merchant wholesalers.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31223, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the United States. Decline of the import price index in July; Increase in the applications for state employment benefits; Placement of long-term corporate credit ratings on all airlines and entities on Credit Watch due to terrorist attacks.
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- Flint, Mich., Fiscal Review Team Says Debt Sale Is Doubtful. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p50
Reports on the budget deficit of the state government in Michigan. Plan of issuing fiscal stabilization bonds; Disagreement of the city council members on the budget cut; Source of revenue.
- Miami Hopes to Redeem Its Image With $130 Million Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p37
Reports the strategic plans of Miami to cover up the million budget deficit in Florida. Plans to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of bond program oversight board; Adoption of rules for bond issuance.
- Analysts: Budget May Weaken California Financial Situation. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p40
Reports the incoming budget deficit in California. Approval of the budget for the 2003; Increase on the demand of bond; Plan of the government officials on the issue.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p35
Presents developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 28, 2002. Possible shortfall in the current fiscal year due to New York City's budget crisis; Plan of Puerto Rico Municipal Finance Agency to sell multi-million in general obligation bonds on October 29 to convert short-term loans...