Here Comes California, Once Again
- California Debt, Here We Come. Fine, Jacob // Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p33
Discusses the economic recovery bond measure passed in California, approving propositions to issue new bonds and put a limit on state spending, as of March 2004. Terms of the deficit bonds; Factors contributing to the success of the measure; Value of the proposed bonds to be issued.
- Calif. Caps Year With $782M Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32019, p1
The article reports on financial business in California. California closes the books on a busy year of issuance tomorrow with the competitive sale of $782 million of general obligation (GO) bonds. This week's issue will bring the total California GO issuance this year to $6.6 billion. Those...
- Better Economy, Busy Ports Put Mid-Counties Back in Swing. Bonwell, Joshua // Orange County Business Journal;4/18/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p44
The article reports that the mid-counties in California, like North Orange County and southern Los Angeles areas, have shown economic recovery in the fourth quarter of 2010, in which shipments increased by 20% in Los Angeles and Long Beach during the period.
- California Prepares for Big Tuesday. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p1
Focuses on the voting of bond measures for the recovery of the weak economy in California. Payment of the upgraded polling equipment in an election; qualification of school bond request; Restoration of existing parks and acquisition of state parkland; Preservation of the cultural resources.
- S&P Raises Sausalito, Calif., Two Notches. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;10/30/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34004, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has raised the rating on general obligation bonds of Sausalito, California by two notches to AA-plus as of October 2013. It informs that analysts have stated that the improved rating reflects the city's strong economy, budgetary...
- California's governor declares fiscal emergency. // Fund Strategy;8/2/2010, p5
The article reports on the declaration of another fiscal emergency in California announced by state governor Arnold Schwarzenegger as it struggles to cover its budget deficit.
- Smaller Deals Getting Out of the Way of California's $7.8 Billion. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p6
Reports on the plan to give pricing to the economic recovery bonds of California. Offer of the bonds to retail investors; Aim of the bonds to help the state close its budget deficits; Interest of investors to buy the bond with higher ratings.
- Generalizing about Secured Bonds, Politics and Britney. // Bank Loan Report;11/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the issuance of high-yield senior secured bonds and the issues on the label secured in senior secured bonds, and an article on deals on the recovery of senior secure bond industries.
- Brown and Out. Easterbrook, Gregg // New Republic;02/19/2001, Vol. 224 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the energy crisis in California. Reasons for the power struggles and the impact on the economy; How the regulated public utility industry remained the last stronghold of the managerial class in the U.S.; Thoughts on the decision by big California utilities to sell services; Plans to...