Credit Derivatives: A Minority Game?
- Hedge Funds and Derivatives: The Treasury Perspective. // Securities Industry News;3/20/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on the growth of hedge funds and credit derivatives in the U.S. Impact of the growth of hedge funds on financial markets; Discussion on the dynamics of over-the-counter derivatives; Estimated national value of global derivative contracts.
- The 'HedgeRepo' concept: Using credit derivatives as repo collateral. Kakumanu, Kumar; Nelken, Izzy; Choudhry, Moorad // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p37
This paper discusses the concept of the HedgeRepo (trademarked and patent pending -- HedgeRepo shall mean HedgeRepoâ„¢) paradigm, which integrates derivative-based hedging, repo financing, collateral and counterparty risk management in a single repo-style instrument. This paper discusses a...
- Dealers Talking Tough On Derivatives Backlog. Lewis, Janet // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p7
Discusses the meeting among credit derivative dealers over the issue of derivatives backlog in the United States. Proposal to require hedge funds to sign the protocol issued by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association; Link between the dimensions of the problem and the size of the...
- Hedge Funds Are Shaping Global Credit Market. Pyburn, Allison // High Yield Report;8/1/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p2
Forecasts the effect of the success of hedge funds across various market sectors in the U.S. Impact on credit markets in the event of a substantial credit; Influence of hedge funds on credit derivatives market; Possibility of the event of a price correction in funds.
- THE QUEST FOR INSTITUTIONAL QUALITY. Dopfel, Fred // Canadian Investment Review;Winter2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, pR17
The article discusses the challenge of managing hedge fund risk. An approach that is often used as a guide to understanding volatility and correlations of active managers may be misleading. It has been found that there are significant correlations between hedge fund styles and evidence of...
- Financial Terms in Plain Language. // Canadian Dimension;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p18
The article describes several financial terms in plain language. Some of the terms described are derivative, hedge fund, securitization and credit default swaps. Hedge fund is a fund, usually used by wealthy individuals and institutions, which is allowed to use aggressive strategies that are...
- MECHANISMS OF FINANCIAL ENGINEERING AS NEW ALTERNATIVES. Ibraheem, Hoda Ahmed // Researchers World: Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce;Jul2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p21
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effects of different mechanisms that used to solve the problems of financial, the problems of Financial and new financial market developments give rise to use new tools in risk management, asset management, mortgage finance, derivatives pricing and...
- Don't say jackpot. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;10/11/2004, p24
This article informs that borrowing money on a mining project is a costly venture; borrowing from the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) is even more expensive. Two weeks ago Finance Week reported that Khumo Bathong CEO Paseka Ncholo had hit the jackpot with a very savvy hedging strategy...
- Reaching for a Credit Spread Hedge. Kelly, Susan // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep2000, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on credit spread hedge. Difficulties in creating hedging products; Creation of indexes, one for investment-grade corporates and another for high-yield bonds; Benefits and drawbacks of index-based contract; Merger with derivative products.