- THE MILES FILE. Miles, Richard // Money Marketing;1/8/2004, p20
Forecasts improvements in the financial market in Great Britain in 2004. Continuing gains in the stock market index; Return to positive equity.
- INVESTMENT ANALYSIS. Hambidge, David // Money Marketing;5/6/2004, p50
Reports on the performance of the equity market in Great Britain as of the first week of May 2004. Decline in FTSE 100; Factors that affected the stock trading; Drop in stock prices.
- It's always time to buy. // Money Management;10/2/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p28
The article focuses on the case in which a group of hacks attended a presentation by an analyst on the outlook for the markets. It cites the interruption of a young hack to the analyst to ask the potential in buying shares. It also indicates the response of the analyst regarding the role of...
- Advisers say Isa season will be a washout. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;1/22/2004, p1
Reports on British independent financial advisers' (IFA) believe that the 2004 Isa season will show lower sales. Fund managers' hope that sustained stock market rises will kick-start sales; Belief that the industry should channel more energy towards encouraging people to invest all year round,...
- Banking Stocks Crest On Broad Market Upswing. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;3/28/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 60, p19
Reports that the stock market rally experienced on March 27, 2001, in the United States helped buoy financial stocks. Decision of analysts covering banking companies to reduce their earnings estimates for the first quarter; Increase in the American Banker index of 225 banks and its index of top...
- Balance tips from UK to American. Jackson, Will // Fund Strategy;6/23/2008, p36
The article reports on the move of the panellists in preferring for the equities in the U.S. over Great Britain in the Balanced index during the Adviser Fund Index (AFI) rebalancing in May 2008. It reveals that the move had allowed the panel in increasing its equity allocation in the U.S. from...
- Top financial services companies. // American Banker;7/13/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 131, p27
Presents statistical information on the stock performances of the top financial services companies on the stock exchanges in the United States at market close on July 10th, 1998.
- First Call's analyst consensus rankings. // American Banker;7/13/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 131, p30
Presents statistical information on how financial services companies in the United States were ranked following the performances of stocks on the stock exchanges for a four week period which ended on July 10th, 1998.
- Take care when selling equity release. Cummings, Chris // Mortgage Strategy;1/23/2006, p26
The article presents the author's views on Great Britain's equity release market. According to a survey of Association of Mortgage Intermediaries members, fewer than 5% said they saw equity release as a key business opportunity in 2006. The statistic is interesting because it shows a cautious...