IPOs IN THE U.S
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/14/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 24, p31
Presents figures concerning the most recent 100 initial public offerings in the United States as of June 3, 2004. Offer price; Measurement of the average price of the most recent 100 initial public offerings; Exclusion of closed-end funds and unit offerings containing warrants in the U.S. market.
- New Mining Launches Signal a Great Year. Fiscor, Steve // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Dec2004, Vol. 205 Issue 12, p2
This article presents the author's views on issues related to mining corporations during the year 2004. According to the author the year 2004 will be remembered as a renaissance period for the mineral mining and processing sector. One sure sign of a resurgence is the high level of...
- Share prices of IPOs down 27 per cent in 2008. Lister, Laine // Money Management;5/1/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p5
The article features the research conducted by Deloitte Corporate Finance on the performance of initial public offerings (IPO) in Australia. Studies show that several Australian financial services companies that chose not to publicly list because of market conditions may have the right...
- The arduous task of flotation. Verey, David // Accountancy;May83, Vol. 94 Issue 1077, p72
This article highlights the benefits of going public. Offers for sale are expensive and reducing this cost was one of the purposes behind the development of the Unlisted Securities Market (USM). A USM offer for sale saves considerably on the costs of a public issue, mainly in advertising cost...
- IPO RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM REVIEW. Varshney, Sunjay; Robinson, Rich // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p56
The primary areas of IPO research are briefly reviewed. The five articles of this research symposium are placed within this body of research. The JEF editors indicate issues of particular interest for future IPO research submissions.
- Hot IPO Slate For New Year May Include Biggest Launch Ever. BRIAN DEAGON // Investors Business Daily;1/6/2014, pA08
The article offers information regarding the initial public offerings (IPO) market in the U.S. in 2013. It reveals that about 222 IPOs raised $55 billion in 2013 as reported by IPO research and investment company Renaissance Capital. Plains GP Holdings LP, noted to be the largest IPO in 2013, is...
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/19/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 35, p16
Presents charts and graphs depicting the top 100 initial public offerings in the U.S. for the week ended September 14, 2005. Offer price of Enterprise GP Holdings; Percentage change in the deal of Bronco Drilling Co. Inc.; Price of the offering of Medical Properties Trust Inc.
- HK companies look West for IPOs. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p4
Reports on trends in the initial public offering (IPO) market in Hong Kong, China as of April 5, 2004. Efforts of Chinese companies to access the U.S. capital markets by doing dual listings in Hong Kong and Nasdaq; Factors that may deter Chinese companies from listing in the U.S.; Implications...
- IPOs, Dirt-Cheap. Cramer, James J. // New York;11/15/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p30
Looks into the initial public stock offerings of companies. Discovery of the fact that deals are being priced at a discount relative to demand; Prices of some of the deals mentioned; Advice of the author regarding the matter.