Hold 'Em Or Fold 'Em?
- High Yield: Gentrifying Junk. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 29, p11
Reports on market players' concerns over the gentrification process in high-yield markets in the United States. Amount of junk bonds rated CCC or below in 2003; Amount of new issues priced as of July 14, 2003; Concerns about the upcoming debt refinancing in the market.
- Ten Questions About High-Yield Bonds. Riepe, Mark W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1998, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p54
This article provides information on the high-yield bonds, a negotiable instrument rated below investment grade by one of the major bond rating agencies. Using Moody's ratings, high-yield bonds are those rated below Baa3; using Standard & Poor's ratings, they are those bonds rated below BBB-....
- Canada's Junk Bond Market Hits Growth Spurt. Iyer, Gayatri // High Yield Report;7/19/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p11
The article reports on the slow growth of the junk bond issuance in Canada, according to market watchers. BMO Capital stated that for the first six months of 2010, it increased by 3.5%. It notes on the popularity of the bond deals of Videotron and Corus Entertainment. Institutional investors are...
- ML Master HY Index. // High Yield Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
The article presents a graph representing the performance Merriyl Lynch Master High Yield index during the period of September 8 to November 17, 2004.
- Loan Funds Remain Popular. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/8/2013, p39
The article reports that leveraged loan funds is popular with investors. Leveraged loan funds have taken in a year-to-date total of 14.1 billion dollars with an average weekly inflow of 1 billion dollars. Junk bond funds have taken in a total of 548 million dollars year-to-date with a weekly...
- HIGH YIELD GAINERS & LOSERS. // High Yield Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p7
Presents a chart of high yield bonds with biggest gains and losses in the United States as of June 23, 2004.
- VOLUME OF US HIGH YIELD. // High Yield Report;3/22/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p9
Presents a graph pertaining to the volume of U.S. high yield bonds as of March 18, 2004.
- Junk is respectable again. S. B. // Fortune;12/21/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 12, THE 1999 INVESTOR'S GUIDE p118
The article reports that junk bonds have regained their popularity after having posted current yields of seven percent to 12 percent. In November 1998, cash inflows reached $3 billion, which was almost twice the pace of the first half of 1998. However, it is pointed out that the junk bond's...
- HYR Master Index Moves in BPs. // High Yield Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p1
Presents a graph of the High Yield Report Master Index from December 11, 2003 to February 18, 2004. Slight decline from about 440 on December 11 to about 405 on February 18.