CSFB: End of An Asian Era
- CSFB to lose Asia ABS head. Davis, Rob // Asset Securitization Report;6/14/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the speculation that Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) is scaling back its asset-backed securitization (ABS) presence in Asia. Confirmation that CSFB head of Asian securitization Greg Park would leave the firm in summer 2004; Report that Park would reemerge in a new firm later in the...
- WHISPERS. // Asset Securitization Report;8/12/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 32, p1
Reports that the global investment banking firm Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. has introduced a manufactured housing default rate curve for the estimation of more accurate results as of August 12, 2002. Benefit sought through this curve; Statement by Jeff Zhang, an executive at an...
- Roundup: CSFB's CINDI to Track Most Liquid Corporate Credits. // National Mortgage News;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p13
Presents news items related to securitization in the United States as of July 28, 2003. Credit Suisse First Boston's credit indexed-note default index; Housing contracts of Conseco Finance Corp.; Mortgage-backed securities of Ocwen Residential MBS Corp.
- CSFB paper to be securitized in Colombia. F.O. // Asset Securitization Report;4/28/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p19
Reports that the U.S. firm Credit Suisse First Boston International has issued a peso securitization of dollar-denominated paper in Colombia. Size of the issue; Hiring of Fiduciara del Valle as trustee.
- Citigroup manages nearly $83 billion in record 2004 for ABS. Catton, Grant // Asset Securitization Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the financial performance of financial services companies in the U.S. Improvement of Citigroup Global Markets Inc.'s asset-backed securities (ABS); Increment of Countrywide Securities Corp.' ABS; Percentage increase of Credit Suisse First Boston's underwriting.
- August Mega and Giant creation remains well below first quarter. K. S. // Asset Securitization Report;9/19/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p22
Reports that after a flurry of Mega and Giant pools came into the market earlier in the year, issuance has dropped noticeably in the third quarter, mainly caused by diminishing mortgage-backed securities (MBS) bank holdings. Report from Credit Suisse First Boston; Plateau in MBS bank holdings,...
- CONSOLIDATED STREET RESEARCH. // Asset Securitization Report;6/12/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p26
The article offers consolidated street research on asset-backed securities in the financial services industries. Countrywide Securities Inc. believes in good value at current levels of the intermediate planned amortization classes. Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. has identified mortgage-backed...
- League table race close but in the end Salomon has too much firepower. Donovan, Kevin // Asset Securitization Report;12/17/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 48, pN.PAG
Reports on the competition between Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and Credit Suisse Credit Boston Corp. for supremacy in the asset securitization market in 2001. Notable deals involving the companies; Asset-backed securitization deals issued by J.P. Morgan & Co. Inc., the third placer in the league...
- CONSOLIDATED STREET RESEARCH. // Asset Securitization Report;1/17/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p18
This article presents information on several business enterprises related to the financial services industry. 2004 was a strong year for ABS products. HEL spreads were tighter across the board, though triple-A floaters were the laggard for the year. More than any other product triple-A HEL...