Another Prosecutor Goes to Wall Street
- Bear Stearns loses. // Crain's New York Business;01/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p34
Comments on the resignations and leave by a number of executives of the Bear Stearns Companies Asset Management's business. Jobs taken at the J. & W. Seligman Company in Manhattan.
- Investment banking scorecard. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/01/98, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p15
Presents information on the Bear, Stearns and Company in relation to workers' bonuses and earnings. Speculation of a possible decrease of workers' compensation; Prediction of the company's 1998 fiscal year earnings; Comments made by Steven Eisman, a securities analyst at the Canadian Imperial...
- Yippee. Wang, Penelope // Money;Feb2004, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the improvement in long-term funds. Rise in stock fund average of 30.1 percent in 2003. Bad year for fund ethics as shown by charges against Canary Capital Partners, Putnam, Strong, Janus and Alliance Capital; Presentation of a survey of how well the largest fund groups look out for...
- Bear Stearns Confirms 400 Worker Layoffs. Ptacek, Megan J. // American Banker;3/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 47, p10
Reports on Bear Stearns & Co.'s dismissal of hundreds of its employees. Percentage of company employees included in the layoff attributed to the firm's cost-cutting effort.
- Investment banking scorecard. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/17/98, Vol. 64 Issue 33, p9
Reports that Pierce J. `Jack' Roberts, a senior managing director and head of the telecom group at Bear, Stearns and Co. tendered his resignation during the week of August 10, 1998. Reason cited by Roberts for his departure; Executives that Roberts reported to as a senior managing director;...
- Former Bear returns to old cave. // High Yield Report;12/01/97, Vol. 8 Issue 46, p3
Reports that Thomas Shandell was rehired by Bear Stearns as managing director. Reasons Shandell has resigned from the company.
- SEC Bigwig Joins Bear. // On Wall Street;Mar1999, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the appointment of Richard Lindsey at Bear Stearns' correspondent clearing unit. Career background of Lindsey; Reason the company is under investigation.
- Bullish young analyst takes center stage at bear stearns. Talley, Karen // American Banker;12/29/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 247, p25
Presents information on the appointment of Sean J. Ryan, as senior bank analyst at Bear, Stearns and Company. When Ryan was hired; Previous employment of Ryan; Details on Ryan.
- Peril in Advising Corporate Clients' Execs. Lowe, Otto // American Banker;10/14/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 198, p16
Comments on corporate scandals in the financial services industry. JPMorgan Chase and Toronto-Dominion Bank settling claims in a "megaclaims lawsuit" concerning alleged accounting fraud; Ford Motor Co.'s settlement in a shareholder lawsuit; Companies that are trying to avoid...