Green, white asparagus spearhead chef's spring and summer menus
- Spear None. P.C. // Restaurant Business;5/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p70
Cavallino, a coastal area located outside Venice, Italy, is famous for its abundant asparagus crop. To celebrate the vegetable, Venetians hold a Festa della Sparesca or 'Feast of the Asparagus.' In 2003, New York's Remi restaurant is commemorating the event with its own asparagus festival....
- Selling seasonal menus. Petusevsky, Steven; Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr97, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p80
Discusses several aspects relating to selling of seasonal restaurant menus. Promotion separately from regular menu; Factors in consider in creating a seasonal menu; Recipe for the dish Asparagus with Honey Garlic Sauce. INSETS: Selling points.;Seasonal sensations..
- Stalk Market. // Bon Appetit;May2011, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p96
The article offers tips in preparing asparagus. According to the author, eating asparagus in spring is considered an ancient rite in New Jersey. Asparagus that were obtained directly from the farm should be soaked and rinsed with cold water and its outer skin should be removed to ensure even...
- Menu feed. // Restaurant Business;Jul2010, Vol. 109 Issue 7, pFSB12
The article looks at menus in various restaurants, including Spruce in San Francisco, California, Custom House, Chicago, Illinois, and Po Restaurant in New York City, concerning asparagus.
- Menu News. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2004, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p106
This article features several products for restaurants. Three times per year the American Egg Board offers a complimentary newsletter for foodservice operators. The multipage newsletter, Eggscetera, is full off merchandising ideas, handling tips and kitchen-tested, egg-rich recipes. DiGiorno�...
- Noodles & Co. makes a star of asparagus. MacArthur, Kate // Advertising Age;6/13/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 24, p41
Provides information on the first sweepstakes of restaurant chain Noodles & Co. to promote its seasonal asparagus menu. Prizes won by Brookfield, Wisconsin native Allison Doyle as the national Asparagus Queen; Overview of the online promotions of the company.
- THEMES FOR GREENS. Mastrelli, Tara // Restaurant Business;3/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p64
After the Black Truffle Menu at Classics-a 97-seat, fine-dining establishment in the Intercontinental Hotel in Cleveland-enticed about 50% of customers each night, Guillaume Brard, chef de cuisine, decided to create another themed menu-this time starring asparagus. The menu features creations...
- COMEBACK - Big Salad. // New York;9/20/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p80
Reports that the Madison salad returns at the Coco Pazzo restaurant in New York City. Development of the salad by Mark Strausman over a decade ago; Chopped vegetables, Parmesan and canned tuna.
- Roasted Beet, Asparagus and Goat Cheese Terrine with Mache, Dill and Balsamic Vinegar. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/28/97, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p39
Describes how Charlie Trotter's Restaurant in Chicago, Illinois prepares its specialty Roasted Beet, Asparagus and Goat Cheese Terrine With Mache, Dill and Balsamic Vinegar. Ingredients and procedures.