- Warthog. // Encyclopedia of Animals;2006, p1
A warthog has four large warts on its face for protection in the forest and in fighting. It also has four sharp, curved tusks coming from its mouth. Two of these tusks are about one foot (30 centimeters) long.
- Beauty or the beast? Harbrecht, D. // International Wildlife;Jul92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p30
Examines the wart hog and its growing popularity in the United States. Discusses the wart hog's physical characteristics and habits and habitat. Vulnerabilities; Sets of warts; Behavior; Vocalizations; Size. INSET: Would you take a wart hog to lunch? (survey)..
- Wart hog results. // International Wildlife;Nov92, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p12
Presents the results of an `International Wildlife' magazine survey asking if the wart hog is a beauty or a beast. Gives sample responses from the more than 250 readers who replied.
- When Dorothy grunts. Frame, L.H. // Highlights for Children;Feb91, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p24
Describes life among such groups of West African animals as warthogs, birds and monkeys. The article discusses the importance of warning cries among these animals.
- "For us, this day is special". Hussain, Syed Zarir // South Asian Post;1/26/2012, p9
The article focuses on the annual buffalo fight in the village of Ahatguri, 80 kilometer (km) east of Assam's main city of Guwahati in India which had been considered as a tradition that goes back centuries.
- Hog wild about wart-hogs. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/19/96, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p25
Reports that residents of Calgary, Alberta have warmed up to the two wart-hogs which have arrived at the Calgary Zoo. Mayor Al Duerr's official renaming of Groundhog Day (February 2) as Wart-hog Day in their honor; Comments from Calgary zookeeper, Brent Vanhooft, who takes care of the two animals.
- The Warthog. Stevenson, Joan // Boys' Quest;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p46
Describes warthog animals.
- This Little Piglet. Frame, Lory Herbison // Highlights for Children;Feb99, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on warthogs, a hog that lives in Africa. How the mother feeds her piglets; How the mother take care of her young.
- Hogging the limelight. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Mar2002, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p69
Presents an article on wart hog.