Climb every mountain
- Kate's charity climb. // Glass Age;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p86
Reports that Kate Ashley-Norman of the Bath Plug & Tap Publicity Company has climbed the top of Poon Hill in Nepal for cerebral palsy charity Scope. Total amount of money raised by the benefit climb; Sponsors of the climbing event.
- Saint-Gobain employees tackle Mount Kilimanjaro for charity. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jun2013, p50
The article reports that two employees from the iron pipes supplier Saint-Gobain PAM UK and one from the mortar provider Saint-Gobain Weber, have decided to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania to raise money for various nonprofit organizations such as Breast Cancer Care.
- Tory Peer Conquers Antarctic Peak. // British Heritage;May2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses a mountain climbing expedition of Mount Vinson, Antarctica, by former Scottish Secretary of State Lord Forsyth in support of the charitable organizations Children in Need India and Marie Curie Cancer Care.
- Picture of the Week. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/29/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4612, p13
The article presents a photograph of mountain climbers at Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh, Scotland, along with information on their fundraising efforts.
- Climbing for a Cause. LEWON, DENNIS // Backpacker;Sep2014, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p8
In this article, readers shares their experience of mountaineering at the Mount Shasta in Northern California including Jennifer Gildner, Amy McCormick and Pringl Miller, wherein they have raised 160,000 dollars for the nonprofit Big City Mountaineers.
- Fundraising Up Whitney. // Backpacker;Sep2013, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p12
The article offers information on the journal's fundraising effort to help Big City Mountaineers mentor urban teenagers to climb.
- Summit for Someone. // Climbing;Dec2013/Jan2014, Issue 321, p4
The article offers information on the fundraising project Summit for Someone aimed to fund weeklong wilderness expedition for under-resourced urban youth through Big City Mountaineers.
- Facing up to the Mount Cavell Challenge. // Nursing Standard;8/5/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p7
The article reports on the participation of four representatives from the nonprofit organization Royal College of Nursing (RCN) for the Mount Edith Cavell mountain climbing event in Canada in August 2015.
- Standing on the roof of Africa. // Vital (17417503);Winter2007, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that Chichester, England-based dental charity Bridge2Aid took 38 climbers, ranging in age from 18-65, to Africa to scale the heights of the 5,895-meter-high Mount Kilimanjaro. The climbers have raised over Â£40,000 for the charity, which is important to support their...