- Machine forest. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;05/07/99, Issue 5137, p18
Previews some of the furniture manufacturing machinery to be displayed at the 1999 Ligna exhibition. Includes the Elite BKZ-TKZ sanding/sawing line from Boere; Profile machinery for furniture and parquet flooring from GMC; Leuco Oertli's cutting materials and designs for profile cutters and...
- Blade runners. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p26
Describes some of the advances in furniture cutting tools. Tool features; Capabilities; Blade characteristics.
- Producers keeping prices steady despite costs. // Furniture/Today;4/21/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the efforts of case goods manufacturers in facing the challenges of price pressures in the U.S. in 2012. It also mentions the impact of the increase of oil prices to the costs of furniture materials. The initiative of case goods and upholstery resource Homelegance Inc. in...
- The right technology for the job. // Wood & Wood Products;May96, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p98
Features furniture making equipment from JDS. Features; Capabilities; Advantages.
- Edging to success. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;11/14/97, Issue 5064, p25
Evaluates four edgebanding machines used in applying lipping to chipboard panels. Features of the IDM edgebanding line at William Ball, the Stefani Monomatics at Project Office Furniture, the hand-operated machines at EBM and Cehisa and the Casadei V30/10 edgebander; Typical user problems;...
- K208 has the edge at SCM's three day open house event. // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p25
Features SCM's K208 single sided edgebander for furniture making. Application in wood veneer and plastics edging; Feed speed.
- New Activa is good at short runs. // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p20
Presents the Activa edgebanding and combination furniture making machines from IDM. Features and functions; Contact information.
- Universal acclaim for the new MiniMax CU 300K. // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p21
Presents the MiniMax CU 300K furniture making equipment from SCM GB. Four speed spindle molder capacity; Adjustability of its helical feed roller.
- The most popular furniture woods: The historical perspective. Frye, Larry R. // Wood & Wood Products;1995 Centennial, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p304
Reports on the preferences of furniture woods in different periods. Gothic style; Transition from Europe to America; Balance of inventory and demand; Veneer, lumber and types of construction; Correlation between style and species.