Furniture Industry Awards
- Good Housekeeping's 100th anniversary. // Good Housekeeping;May85, Vol. 199 Issue 5
Good Housekeeping's 100th anniversary special issue. Its 454 pages include several special features: 100 young women of promise; pages from the past; 100 American women of the century; the history of the Good Housekeeping Seal and more.
- 90 years of the Good Housekeeping Institute. Holzman, P. // Good Housekeeping;Feb90, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p69
Recounts the birth of the Good Housekeeping Institute. Founding; Good Housekeeping Institute Experiment Station in Springfield, Mass.; How the institute changed focus to meet consumer needs in different decades.
- Todays Good Housekeeping Institute. // Good Housekeeping;Feb90, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p70
Explains the Good Housekeeping Institute of New York City. What it is; What it does; Advertising checks of products; How it operates.
- Celebrating 80 years of the Good Housekeeping Seal. Holzman, P. // Good Housekeeping;Feb90, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p76
Explains how the Good Housekeeping `Seal of Approval' was brought into being by the Good Housekeeping Institute. History of the Seal; What it has meant to consumers.
- The Institute dining room and living room. // Good Housekeeping;Feb90, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p98
Discusses the Good Housekeeping entertainment suite in New York. It's decorations and furnishings; Guests who have been entertained there.
- Girlfriend reunion contest. // Good Housekeeping;Feb90, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p238
Explains the rules of the Ogilvie Home Permanents/`Good Housekeeping' Girlfriend Reunion Contest. How to enter; Entry blank; Prizes.
- Editor's notebook. Levine, Ellen // Good Housekeeping;Aug95, Vol. 221 Issue 2, p10
Highlights the launching of the Russian edition of `Good Housekeeping' magazine. Observations on fashion trends in Moscow; Impact of inflation on women's budgeting skills; Need for imported products in Russian language; Predictions on the magazine's success.
- The first feminist magazine. Braithwaite, Brian // Campaign (UK);9/5/97 Supplement Good Housekeeping, p5
Chronicles the history of the `Good Housekeeping' periodical in England. Comparison with the magazine by the Stead's Publishing House; Support for the feminine awakening in the 1930s; List of original advertisers. INSET: What things cost in 1922..
- Life through the pages of GH 1922-97. Braithwaite, Brian // Campaign (UK);9/5/97 Supplement Good Housekeeping, p6
Presents the history of the `Good Housekeeping' periodical in relation to its editorials from the 1920s to the 1990s in England. Support for women's rights and issues; Adaptations to societal changes; Importance of its appreciation for the dual role of women in society in relation to the...