Allied holds on to gains despite store sale doubts
- Allied strikes back as bidders begin talks. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/27/99, Issue 5152, p4
Discusses the sales performance and takeover approaches received by bed and carpet group Allied Carpets.
- Allied suspends shares as sales policy breaks down. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p2
Reports on Allied Carpets's investigation of its sales policy after admitting that its normal procedure of recognizing sales upon delivery had broke down. Expected amount of the sales misattribution; Suspension of the stock market shares.
- Allied Carpets Cranbrook Road. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p13
Evaluates Allied Carpets, a furniture retailer in Great Britain, citing its display of merchandise, customer service and friendliness of the staff.
- Cornwell Parker buys Stag brands. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;08/25/2000, Issue 5202, p2
Reports on Cornwell Parker's acquisition of the Sandringham, Stag Minstrel, Aspects and Stag Upholstery furniture brands in Great Britain. Cornwell's plans in developing the brands; Factories assigned to produce the brands.
- Undercover in Cambridge. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p10
Evaluates the bed sections in Cambridge, England-based furniture stores Bensons Bed Centres and Allied Carpets. Use of advertising signs at Bensons Bed; Product presentation at Allied Carpets.
- A genuine fan of furniture trade. O'Dwyer, Steve // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2005, Issue 5431, p35
The article presents information about Steve O'Dwyer, a sales director at Island Cliff, a beds and bedroom furniture manufacturer and importer. After school he spent 11 years in the supermarket industry but became disillusioned and joined Allied Carpets as a store manager. He was sent on a...
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p1
Focuses on the takeover approach launched by British furniture manufacturer Silentnight Holdings for Cornwell Parker. Possible union of Great Britain's best known bed and furniture brands; Profits and sales of the combined group.
- Silentnight goes for gold. // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p8
Focuses on Silentnight Holdings' takeover approach for Cornwell Parker and its implications for the British furniture industry. Market's speculation about what Silentnight would keep out from the Cornwell Parker portfolio; Silence of Cornwell Parker chief executive Bill Simpson about the...
- New north London site for Cornwell Parker. Barrett, Claer // Cabinet Maker;8/15/2003, Issue 5351, p5
Features the Cornwell Parker Cabinets in Enfield, England. History of the company; Number of employees and staff; Sales performance.