Consumers still prepared to splash out on sofas but fewer plan to buy beds
- About this survey. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p22
Presents survey results on the ranking of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Increase of market share; Investment income.
- We've got too much stock and we can't see business getting any better. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;02/12/99, Issue 5125, p6
Reports on the results of the `Cabinet Maker' survey regarding the trends in Great Britain's furniture retail industry. Annual growth; Number of retailers with too much stocks; Sales of upholstery from first-quarter 1994 to first-quarter 1999; Lower confidence in the furniture industry; Annual...
- Keep your eye on bedding specialists. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;06/11/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p35
Comments on the emergence of statistics from Furniture/Today's annual Top 100 furniture store survey in the United States. Representation of non-conventional formats; Proliferation of companies included in the survey; Impact of bedding specialist on the regional mall anchors.
- U.S. Competitiveness Survey: How Furniture and Cabinet Manufacturers Compare. Buehlmann, Urs; Bumgardner, Matthew; Schuller, Al; Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;May2003, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p49
Presents the results of a study examining the perspectives of executives on the trends in domestic manufacturing and importing in the furniture industry in the U.S. Commitment of manufacturers to future domestic production; Impact of imports on the business of local manufacturers; Factors...
- NHFA trial Web poll finds 76% in favor of Vegas market. // Furniture/Today;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p112
Focuses on the online poll conducted by the National Home Furnishings Association in favor of the furniture industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Aim of the organization for conducting the poll; Number of respondents and furniture retailers; Accessibility of the website.
- October trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2004, Issue 5417, p40
Presents statistical data about the trading activity within the furniture industry in Great Britain as of October 2004. Increase in the sales volume of living and bedroom cabinet; Loss of staff members according to a quarter of retailers survey; Static level of imports.
- Wettest July on record boosts London furniture sales. // Cabinet Maker;8/21/2009, Issue 5651, p5
The article reports on the consideration of BRC-KPMG London Retail Sales Monitor over the impact of wet whether on the sales of furniture and homewares in July 2009 in London, England. According to research, the climate helped the furniture industry increase its sales in July compared to the...
- Contemporary rules roost in upholstery. // Furniture/Today;11/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p25
The article reports on the dominance of contemporary in the upholstery style scene, according to Furniture/Today's latest biennial Upholstery Style Survey in the U.S. One of every two stationary sofas or recliners sold is in a contemporary style. Other traditional styles, including Campaign,...
- Mendenhall: Survey points out High Point's strengths, challenges. // Furniture/Today;9/19/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p71
Reports on the survey conducted by "Furniture/ Today" on High Point International Home Furnishing Market Authority in the U.S. Comparison between Las Vegas and High Point markets fair; Aim of High Point to seek new solutions for business improvements; Goal of High Point to expand its offerings.