People In The News
- Wilson gets 'News' post. // Advertising Age;11/18/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 49, p36
Presents news briefs on media executive promotions and appointments in the U.S. as of November 1991. Charles Wilson at "Daily News"; Lynn A. Lehmkuhl at "Disney Adventures"; Joel Novak at Electronic News Publishing Co.
- Morgan to head up 'Men's Health.'. // Advertising Age;11/25/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 50, p22
Presents news briefs on promotions and appointments in the U.S. media business as of November 1991. Appointment of Jeff Morgan as publisher of Men's Health; Promotion of Robert M. Brown to vice-president of sales and marketing at Gannett Outdoor Co.; Designation of Donald L. Albert as director...
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Sep2003, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p11
Presents news briefs related to personnel changes in the publishing industry of Canada as of September 2003. Professional background of Aimee Lorefice, who has been named as marketing and editorial assistant of Altitude Publishing; List of board members of Book Publishers' Professional...
- Transforming Lists into Usable Data. Zebian, Linda // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2008 Superbook, Vol. 37, p25
This article focuses on ways for publishing companies to transform lists of consumers into usable data, based on experience of Meredith Corp. According to Jon Macarthy, consumer marketing director of Meredith, publishers should build a strong relationship with their list broker. He also advised...
- Meredith Harvesting Sales with Waterproof Gardening Books. // Book Publishing Report;4/10/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that Meredith Books, the trade book division of Meredith Corp. in Iowa, has launched its new waterproof gardening books which are licensed by different lawn and garden companies. According to vice president Doug Guendel, the company investigated the lawn and garden sections...
- Meredith Posts Big Six-Month Gains. // Publishers Weekly;2/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 8, p11
Focuses on the financial performance of Meredith Books as of February 2003. Increase in revenue for the six months ended that December 31, 2002; Number of copies in print for 'Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book,' which contributed to increased sales; Increase in unit sales for the...
- Sales Up, Earnings Fall at Meredith Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p110
Presents an overview of the performance of Meredith in the fiscal year ended June 30, 2004. Views of Doug Guendel, VP and general manager of Meredith, on their earnings; Total number of titles published by the company in fiscal 2004; Business plans for 2005.
- Meredith Broadens Marvel Deal. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/4/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 40, p16
Deals with the agreement signed by Meredith Books with Marvel Enterprises to publish a range of titles featuring Marvel characters. Terms of the agreement; Book titles to be released in January 2005 under the agreement; Significance of the agreement to Meredith.
- Meredith's Ages of Success. Lindsay, Greg // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/8/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 28, p12
Focuses on the financial results of magazine publisher Meredith Corp. for its 4th quarter ended June 30, 2003. Most popular magazines published by the company' Circulation.