- Barnes & Noble Barnes & Noble Classics. // District Administration;Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p70
Promotes several books from Barnes & Noble Inc. Price quotation of the books.
- CHAINS BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;5/9/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p4
Presents statistics related to the book industry as of May 2005. Total number of Barnes & Noble superstores at the end of 2004; Total square footage of superstores; Number of domestic superstores; Number of Waldenbook outlets; Number of international superstores.
- Riggio: Books Remain B&N's Focus. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the efforts of Barnes & Noble to focus its marketing strategy on bookselling as of January 13, 2004. Contribution of book sales to the overall sales of the company; Plan of B&N to launch a campaign for low-risk books; Expansion efforts for B&N stores.
- Some Bottom-line Good News. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/25/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 34, p12
The article offers information on the financial performance of book retailers in the U.S. in 2007. Borders Group had a loss from continuing operations of $18.5 million, plus losses from discounted operations. Barnes & Noble recorded a 1% margin decline due in part to the implementation of its...
- Instant Books. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;5/29/2000, Vol. 262 Issue 9, p17
Reports on Barnes & Noble Inc.'s launching of a same-day delivery service in Manhattan, New York. Competition of the company with Amazon.COM.
- Bookstores turn page to service. Trager, Cara S. // Crain's New York Business;7/26/93, Vol. 9 Issue 30, p29
Reports on the entry into New York's publishing market of three Barnes & Noble Bookstores Inc. `superstores.' Independent booksellers' strategies for survival; Federal Trade Commission's charge against six companies with violating the Robinson Pacman Act; Publishers' agreement not to contest...
- B&N.com updates co-op plans. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p15
Reports on Barnes & Noble Inc.'s updating of the co-op policy of its online publishing operation, Barnesandnoble.com. Differences with the policy of rival Amazon.com; Relationship of the company with it online affiliate America Online; Scheme used by the firm to distinguish between co-op and...
- Under pressure. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;12/21/98, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the consolidation trend in the book publishing industry and its impact on independent publishers in New York. Case of Abbeville Press; Efforts of small publishers to cope with the changing markets; Impact of technology on the industry; Significance of Barnes & Noble's rapid expansion.
- Barnes & Noble Reports Strong Holiday Sales. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the profits and earnings of Barnes & Noble Inc.'s bookstores during the 2003 holiday season.