Reagan Death Prompts Torrent Of Biography Releases
- Reagan: Little Memories. Buckley, William F. // National Review;6/28/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p55
Presents an interview with William F. Buckley about the late President Ronald Reagan. Reflections on their friendship; Reagan's response to disagreement; Potential for a job in the Reagan administration; Reaction to a critical article in the "National Catholic Reporter"; Inability to attend a...
- RONALD REAGAN. // National Review;6/28/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p14
Pays tribute to the late President Ronald Reagan. Excerpts from two essays; Address by William Buckley delivered at the celebration of Reagan's 88th birthday at the Reagan Library; Introduction to the book "Ronald Reagan: An American Hero"; Reasons why the "National Review" valued Reagan; Story...
- RANDOM NOTES. Miner, Brad // National Review;10/15/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p76
Comments on notable books during the fall of 1990, as well as books reviewed by the political science journal "National Review". Novel by Colleen McCullough "The First Man in Rome"; "The Plains of Passage," by Jean M. Auel; Other novels; Distinguished non-fiction, including the autobiography...
- When Character Counted. Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;3/8/1999, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p41
The article presents a speech by American politician William F. Buckley Jr., delivered at a symposium sponsored by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Center for Public Affairs from February 4 to 5, 1999. Buckley discusses how his longtime friendship with former U.S. President Ronald...
- NOTES & ASIDES. Buckley, William F. // National Review;11/24/1989, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p15
Presents a letter from editor William F. Buckley concerning an editorial that appeared in the November 10, 1989 issue of the "National Review" entitled "Peggy Noonan Grosses Out," which criticized former Reagan speechwriter Miss Noonan for taking too much credit for Reagan's popularity and policies.
- Bill and Ron. HAYWARD, STEVEN F. // National Review;12/29/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 24, p42
This article reviews the book "The Reagan I Knew" by William F. Buckley Jr.
- The Reagan I Knew. // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 13, p49
The article reviews the audio book "The Reagan I Knew," by William F. Buckley.
- On Voting Yes or No on the Panama Treaties. // National Review;2/17/1978, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p210
Discusses the televised debate between Ronald Reagan and William F. Buckley Jr, in February 1978 over the controversy over U.S. policy on the Panama Canal. Determination of whether the treaty should be submitted to the U.S. Senate to be signed; Extra-treaty commitment to help Panama achieve...
- Getting Reagan Right. McCarthy, Daniel // American Conservative;1/26/2009, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p29
The article reviews the book "The Reagan I Knew," by William F. Buckley.