Abrams Builds Diverse Customer Base
- GARDEN PARTY. Brener, Julie; Freund, Anthony Barzilay // Town & Country;Jun2004, Vol. 158 Issue 5289, p68
Reviews the book "Gardens Around the World: 365 Days," by Mick Hales.
- The House, & Its Garden. // Old-House Interiors;Jan2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p45
The article provides information on the book "Gardens Around the World: 365 Days," by Mick Hales that provides 365 art quality photographs of gardens, one after another, and one's consciousness will be filled discoveries. Arranged from January 1 to December 31, his beautiful but odd book is...
- Bookbytes. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p19
Describes several novels and possible film and publishing rights deals. 'The Street Lawyer,' by John Grisham; `Sole Survivor,' by Derek Hansen; Others.
- Bible mania. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;11/15/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 32, p1199
Explores the reasons for the trend in buying many Bibles. Results of a survey of Bible consumers; Problem facing the Bible industry.
- Children's retailers reveal their fall standouts. // Publishers Weekly;10/28/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 44, p35
Presents the comments of United States booksellers about children's titles in the fall of 1996. Comment by Dennis Ronberg, of Linden Tree Children's books, California, about the popularity of Dr. Seuss's `My Many Colored Days'; `Lily's Purple Plastic Purse,' as the fastest seller in Anne...
- TILTING IN THE LISTS. Surguy, Phil // Books in Canada;Aug/Sep78, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p3
Asserts that the job of compiling a report on best-selling books is a chore, one that most booksellers do out of a sense of duty but do not take seriously. Purpose of best-seller lists; Impossibility of generating a perfect best-seller list; Belief of booksellers and publishers that book...
- Indies Hanging Onto Heavy Readers With Both Hands. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2013, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
The article presents information on the book buyer market in the U.S. It has been found that small bookshops have the heaviest buyers. According to a report from January 2009, about 41% of bookstores reported that their most common book buyer in 2008 was someone who use to buy 10 or more books...
- BEST. Hoare, Rose // Metro (NZ);Jul2003, Issue 265, p16
The journal 'Metro' picks five specialist bookstores in New Zealand. Adele Fitzgerald's dedicated cookery bookshop caters to a broad range of tastes, everything from a dazzling $145 tome for the virtuoso to a book devoted solely to meals on toast. At Women's Bookshop, All the usual bookstore...
- Book Fun in the Summertime. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;5/26/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 21, p27
Emphasizes that reading clubs for children will increase business for booksellers. Information on the summer reading club at Newtown Bookshop in Pennsylvania; Activities offered by Butterfly Books' summer reading program; Details of summer programs offered by bookstore chains in the U.S.