Large Chain Sales Of Religious Books Soar, New Study Finds
- Finding Solutions at SPECS/2008. // Chain Store Age;May2008, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p168
The article reviews an exhibition presented at the SPECS/2008 Solution Center conference held in Dallas, Texas.
- NEW & NOTEWORTHY. Schwarz, Benjamin // Atlantic;Mar2003, Vol. 291 Issue 2, p95
The article presents an introduction to a series of articles that review previously published books. The author discusses such topics as the importance of introducing readers to ideas and literature in older books, the importance of informing readers about the most intelligent treatments of a...
- Bookstores rethink retail missions. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;8/14/95, Vol. 87 Issue 181, p13
Talks about the rise of independent bookstores. Conflict between independent and chain bookstores; Figures on percentage share of chains of retail book market; Concerns on the trend; Analysis of the trend.
- Chain store openings: A roundup. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;9/18/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 38, p29
Reports on the expansion of chain stores into other territories. Books & Music's first store in Maine; Barnes & Noble's fourth store in Cincinnati, Ohio; Crown Books' plan to open 12-15 outlets in Houston, Texas.
- Liturgical Show Still Draws Booksellers who Buy. SCHLUMPF, HEIDI // Publishers Weekly;5/9/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 19, Special section p3
The article offers information on the 2011 Religious Booksellers Trade Exhibit (RBTE) that will be attended by roughly 200 exhibitors.
- SMELL THE COFFEE. // Christian Century;10/4/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 20, p6
Presents an excerpt from the book "Losing Moses on the Freeway: The 10 Commandments in America."
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Falco, Ed; Knight, Betty; Lehman, Bev; Horn, D.; Cryer, Dan; Zuller, Michael E.; Vyssotsky, Victor; Maehre, Jeff; Perschbacher, Ruth; Kinen, Glenn; Shivers, Robert A.; Herring, Les; Neilsen, C. F.; Haskell, John; Chambers, Timothy; Moore, Steven C.; Rice, Joel; Baudreaux Jr., Paul // Atlantic;Nov2001, Vol. 288 Issue 4, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "A Reader's Manifesto," in the July/August 2001 issue, an article about chain bookstores in the July/August 2001 issue, and an article about the Russian economy in the May 2001 issue.
- The Top 10. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Feb2005, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p133
Discusses reasons for attending the 2005 Store Planning, Equipment and Construction Services (SPECS) show sponsored by the "Chain Store Age" periodical which will be held at the Wyndham Anatole Hotel in Dallas, Texas. Features of the workshops; Quality seminars; Registration fee.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // DSN Retailing Today;5/8/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p23
This article offers news briefs related to the retail industry of the United States. The International Water Garden & Pond Show will join up with National Lawn & Garden Show of 2006, to be held during June 13 to 14 in Rosemont, Illinois. The show features about 350 exhibitors with both...