'04 College Tech Spending Up 3%; Hardware, Software Down: MDR
- The uses of technology in college and university instruction. // Academe;May/Jun96, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p66
Reports on the utilization of technology in college and university instruction, in the United States. Effects of the application of available technology on pedagogical environment in institutions; American Association of University Professors' (AAUP) views on Government of Colleges and...
- High-tech adds to high cost of college for grads. // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/01/98, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p18
Presents the findings of Market Data Retrieval's study on technology use at colleges and universities in the United States. Increase in the number of schools accepting online applications, course registration and homework assignments; High percentage of students with Internet access; Budget...
- Offices of technology transfer. Parker, Douglas D.; Zilberman, David; Castillo, Frederico // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1998 1st Quarter, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p19
Discusses the establishment of offices of technology transfer (OTT) in most universities in the United States. Spendings made by some universities on researches in 1993-1994; Areas which the transfer of innovations from universities to society have considerable impact; OTT operations; Income...
- Colleges respond to shortage of information technology professionals. Long, Cynthia D. // Academe;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p5
Looks at the shortage of information technology (IT) professionals in the United States, and efforts which the country's universities and colleges have taken to improve their curricula in this area. Comment this shortage from Carol Twigg of Educom; Measures taken by colleges, to include IT in...
- Collegiate technophobia. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Feb99, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p14
Reveals the results of a survey by the Campus Computing Project which states that most postsecondary schools in the United States lack comprehensive information technology plans. Electronic mail and Web pages as major uses of information technology; Assistance to faculty on the use of resources...
- Touting for business. // Management Today;Jul96, p9
Reports on the effectivity of university technology transfer offices (TTO) in Great Britain. Success of Oxford University and Southampton University's TTO programs; Problems of TTO's with some companies; Benefits of pharmaceutical companies from the TTO.
- Defining tech transfer. Domelsmith, Linda // Texas Business Review;Jun98, p4
Reports that more universities in the United States are engaged in technology transfer. Background information on technology transfer; Major steps in patenting and licensing new innovations; Benefits of the improved technology transfer; How universities use the royalties earned from licensing.
- Media services at three instructions in Cincinnati. Montgomery, Malcolm; Vaughn, John; McKamey, Jon P. // College & University Media Review;Spring/Summer2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p53
Presents the differences seen in the instructional technology support services and administrative organizations among academic institutions in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. Institutions in which the technological services were observed; Description of each institution; Features of the services and...
- Evolution of a DIGITAL PRODUCTION STUDIO. // T H E Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p31
Details the planning, funding, development and implementation of a digital production facility for educational institutions in the United States. Identification of needs to be satisfied by the facility; Components of the facility; Considerations in sustaining the facility.