R.R. Bowker Extends Market Intelligence Reach, Acquires MIR
- EBRARY OFFERS SIMULTANEOUS/MULTI-USER ACCESS TO CONTENT. // Online Product News;Sep2004, pN.PAG
This article reports that R.R. Bowker a leading provider of bibliographic information in North America, has extended its licensing agreement with ebrary, a provider of information distribution and retrieval services, in which Bowker will be a preferred reseller of the ebrary research database to...
- ISI Expands Its Linking Programs. // Information Today;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p39
Reports on the expansion of ISI Links, ISI's Web of Science full-text links program, as of December, 2000. Addition of the Web sites CatchWord, High Wire Press and the Royal Society of Chemistry; Mention of links between the ISI Journal Citation Reports on the Web and ulrichsweb.com, Ulrich's...
- R.R. Bowker Partners with ebrary to Create a New Library Research Database. Shigo, Kimberly // Computers in Libraries;Jan2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p62
Discusses the online research database released in partnership of R.R. Bowker and ebrary. Database that will provide searches of the full text of thousands of books; Other features of the database; Database navigation; Contact for further information on the service.
- Bowker Unveils Updated Booksinprint.com. // Information Today;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p32
Reports on an announcement by Bowker of the release of booksinprint.com 2000, which is an enhanced version of its online reference, booksinprint.com. Number of book titles it contains; The features that booksinprint.com 2000 offer; Contact information.
- The Reasons Behind Bowker's Sale. Jacsó, Péter // Information Today;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p36
Offers possible reasons for the sale Bowker, a producer of Internet databases. Suggestion that complacency and competition have exposed the company's shortcomings; Comparison of Bowker's database capabilities to those of Internet competitors, including the Internet Movie Database, the All Movie...
- USEFUL TOOLS. // Computers in Libraries;May2004, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p45
This article presents several products and services related to online information resources, as of May 2004. Ergotron released the Neo-Flex Arm, an adjustable arm for flat-panel monitors. The Neo-Flex Arm is designed to support optimal placement of a monitor, which ergonomics experts advise...
- Bowker Release Targets Patrons. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;3/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p24
Reports on PatronBooksInPrint.com, a Web site released by R. R. Bowker, which targets libraries with patron-focused features. Event that triggered the company to launch the site; Samples of patron-focused features; Contents of the site.
- R.R. Bowker Announces ulrichsweb 2.0. // Computers in Libraries;Jan2001, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p14
Reports the R.R. Bowker has released the ulrichsweb.com 2.0 as of January, 2001. Improvements to the service, including the ability to start a new search from any page; Addition of topical articles and monthly spotlights.
- Bowker Offers New Linking Options. // Computers in Libraries;Sep2003, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p46
Focuses on the user options launched by R.R. Bowker LLC that provide customized, seamless integration with a library's local resources and OpenUniform Resource Locator link resolvers directly from ulrichsweb.com. Benefits to ulrichsweb.com subscribers; Users that can avail of the options.