TBMA Recommends Market Close Friday
- Single regulator to target market abuse. Hadfield, Will // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/22/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 34, p11
The article outlines the major role played by Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority (QFCRA) in mitigating market abuse in Qatar. The institution is one of the three regulators that will be amalgamated into the new single regulator when the country's Council of Ministers gives its approval...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p28
The article presents a calendar of events in the bond market in the U.S. from April to June 2006. A Dynamics of Marketing and Pricing Bonds Workshop will be hosted by the California Debt & Investment Advisory Commission on April 12 in San Francisco. The American Securitization Forum's Sunset...
- SIA-BMA in Merger Talks. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;11/17/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p22
Reports on the merger talks between the Securities Industry Association and the Bond Market Association. Role of the organizations in the securities industry; History of the two organizations; Background on the previous collaborations between the two organizations.
- INVESTING IN CORPORATE BONDS. Sherrod, Lena // Essence (Time Inc.);Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p104
Presents information on investing in corporate bonds. Statement from Micah Green, president of the Bond Market Association, on buying a bond mutual fund and individual bond; Difference between owning an individual bond and having shares in a bond mutual fund; Benefits of investing in corporate...
- Asia Gets First Bond ETF. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/27/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the launch of bond exchange-traded fund in Hong Kong by HSBC Investments in 2005. Involvement of the Executive Meetings of East Asia Pacific Central Banks Group, the consortium of Asian central banks, with the introduction of the funds in Asia; Benefits of the fund for retail and...
- HY Funds Struggle to Put New Money to Work. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/7/2011, p3
The article reports on the struggle of traders to buy high yield bond in size. It attributes the situation to lack of inventory and reluctance of dealers to show a short offering. It characterizes the market as slow to restart after shutting down amid market turmoil over the 2011 summer. It...
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32164, p8
Presents a chart depicting a calendar of competitive bond offerings in the U.S. from June 9 - July 6, 2005. Issuers of the bond; Description of the bond; Maturity of the offers.
- Pennsylvania anticipates Sept. unemployment bond issuance. SCOTT, JASON // Central Penn Business Journal;7/13/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p3
The article reports that bond issuance to borrow up to 4.5 billion dollars to pay off about 3.9 billion dollars will be made by Pennsylvania in late September 2012 to cover unemployment benefits during the recession. According to Kesavan, a specialist in unemployment refinancing, many other...
- Savings. Kalwarski, Tara // Money;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p119
Presents information about the top current yields for savings funds. Consideration of the returns for bank money-market accounts, bond funds, and CDs.