Selling Your Ideas to Top Brass
- It's showtime! how to give effective presentations. Kaye, Steve // Supervision;Mar99, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p8
Offers tips on how managers can give an effective business presentations. Significance of communication skills; Questions that need to be addressed; Four steps of brainstorming; Levels of content.
- The Action Faction. Peters, Tom // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p17
Emphasizes the need for business leaders to have a bias for action and an insistence that those around them do something. Types of managers for two scenarios of business presentations; Successful business leaders from the U.S.
- Originals at Center Stage. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p3
Presents an interview with Turner Broadcasting president David Levy regarding its upfront presentation to advertisers at Madison Square Garden in New York City in April 2005. Ability of advertisers to save money from their original programs; Television programs that will be screened during the...
- How to Conduct a Successful Media Interview. Munter, Mary // California Management Review;Summer83, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p143
Few issues have caused as much concern among managers over the last decade as business-press relations. The quality of a company's relationship with the media can have a decisive impact on its profitability. This article offers a number of practical suggestions for managers to assist them in...
- A Media-Smart Marketing Strategy: Developing Story Ideas. Chapman, Lisbeth Wiley // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p91
This article provides information on how to create story ideas, using media capabilities to positions business firm with the target market in the U.S. Executives can decide how to position their expertise by the nature of story ideas they choose to share with the media. When developing the story...
- The power of positive asking. Kislik, Liz // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Apr2006, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p40
Offers advice on presenting a business proposal. Factors to consider when attempting to reach the management, including the role of the individual decision makers; Disinterest of management to hear a reiteration of the whole problem; Significance of taking both the statistics and the...
- Top Five Time Wasters. Driscoll, Suzanne // Managing People at Work;Mar2013, Issue 372, p6
The article offers information on the elimination of the top five time wasters for managers which includes sending unnecessary emails, spending time on social media, and preparing lengthy presentations.
- Effective Presentation Skills for Cost Engineers. Griffith, Andrew F. // AACE International Transactions;2006, p2.1
The article discusses the presentation skills of cost estimating employees. The author says that effective presentation of business reports is essential to success of not only the business organization but also the individual careers of the staff involved. The author discusses a framework for...
- HOW TOâ€¦ give presentations. Thornbory, Greta; White, Claire // Occupational Health;Nov2006, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p18
The article presents several tips on giving presentations for occupational health practitioners. The information you are imparting should neither go over the audience's heads, nor be too obvious. It is human nature to judge a speaker not only by what they say, but by who they are, so ensure you...