Nuera, Mahi Showcase New Gateway Gear
- IPsec-Based VoIP Performance in WLAN Environments. Ya-Chin Sung; Yi-Bing Lin // IEEE Internet Computing;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p77
The Third-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) specifies 3G-WLAN interworking that lets mobile stations (MSs) access 3G networks via WLAN- based packet data gateways (PDGs). The specification mandates that packets delivered between an MS and a PDG should be protected by lPsec. This article...
- The New Order: Can the Traditional Carriers Cope? Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p34
Discusses the challenge faced by traditional telecommunication carriers from Internet-based exchange carriers. Comments from Michael Meyers, product marketing director for Lucent Technologies Inc.; Packet migration strategy of telecommunications exchange carriers; Applications of the voice over...
- Surviving the packet revolution. Noblet, Brad // Telephony;06/07/99, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p130
Focuses on the 21st century access networks. Discussion on the packet-based networks; Limitations and advantages of packet-based networks; Carrying voice over Internet protocol (IP) on a packet network; Approaches for optimizing the voice.
- Fiberless long-distance. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;07/24/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p36
Reports on the plans of PointOne Telecommunications to offer packet-switched voice over Internet protocol (IP) services nationwide using toll-grade privately managed network. Equity investments of PointOne in voice-over IP services; Projected revenue of PointOne in 2000; Several executives who...
- VoIP to carry 'bandwidth tax.'. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;10/30/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the packet overhead involved in voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) communications. Relation of compression methods to ratio of IP packet overhead data; Need to bolster bandwidth to accommodate VoIP transmissions; Feature of most corporate and carrier-class VoIP equipment.
- Neura Updates IP Gateway. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p75
Reports on the introduction of network gateways by voice-over-Internet protocol access provider Nuera Communications Inc. Features of Nuera's gateways; Way in which these gateways can function as an access or trunking gateway; Cost benefits of these gateways.
- Signaling Backhauling. // Network Dictionary;2007, p440
A definition of the term "signaling backhauling" is presented. In the context of telecommunication and networking, this refers to a scheme where telephony signaling is transported from a gateway to a Media Gateway Controller across a packet-switched network. The signal information is not...
- Transition to VoP Gaining Momentum. Bowen, Katherine // Electronic News;8/13/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 33, p11
Reports that the increasing demand for Voice-over-Packet (VoP) equipment provides business opportunities for integrated circuit manufacturers. Forecast on the growth of the VoP equipment market by 2005; Types of business VoP gateways; Forms in which VoP gateway functionality can be implemented;...
- Life on the edge. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;05/15/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 20, p94
Focuses on several issues and access products that must be considered by incumbent local exchange carriers (ILEC) to stay competitive. Upgrading of digital subscriber line (DSL) technology to support advanced applications; How to solve the distance constraints of DSL; Migration of switching...