What Ops Won't Say About Adult PPV
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p54
Presents the highlights from the August 2005 subscription video-on-demand offerings from various cable television networks in the U.S. Movies to be aired by Home Box Office; Television series from Showtime; Shows on Starz on Demand.
- Comcast an Early 'Sleeper' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Focuses on the subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by Comcast Corp. via cable television network Showtime in the U.S. Inclusion of a proprietary Internet video package in the VOD arrangement; Television programs featured on VOD; Advantages of the service.
- Why Not Let Pay TV Have a Trial Run? // Saturday Evening Post;1/31/1959, Vol. 231 Issue 31, p8
Presents the author's views on pay television. Decline in the demand of television; Role of advertisements in the growth of television; Discussion on programs that are broadcast on pay television.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- Trio Adds to Sked, Needs More Subs. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p18
Focuses on the efforts taken by cable television network Trio in keeping with its pop-culture theme. Theme of the network's television program "The Awards Show Awards Show"; Overview of television programing plans.
- Why Cable Originals Are Crucial. Brooks, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 41, p42
Discusses the impact of original programming on cable television. History of cable programming; Information on several cable television programs; Distinction between cable and broadcast.
- Finding A Clean Solution. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p3
The article deals with the possible problems that can be encountered by television cable operators planning to introduce family-oriented programs. If the programs are put on digital tier, subscribers will need boxes to decrypt the channels. Another problem is the demand of household concerning...
- Online:. // CableFAX Daily;6/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 114, p2
Reports on the launch of a "Superman Channel" by AOL's In2TV, which will be available through the end of July 2006. Information on its programming.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p4
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable television industry as of August 2004. Consumer complaints against Comcast Cable Communications Management LLC; Launch of a lifestyle television series about golf by Fine Living; Television version of talk radio offered by Fox News Channel.