Cable's Sexy Revenue Stream
- What Ops Won't Say About Adult PPV. Gerbrandt, Larry // Multichannel News;6/14/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p46
Presents facts about adult television programming on pay-per-view and video-on-demand. Difference of films shown on cable and satellite adult channels from adult videos; Users of adult programming; Opposition to adult programming.
- AMAZON PRIME GRABS 'JUSTIFIED' STREAMING RIGHTS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/4/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p11
This article reports on the exclusive subscription video on demand rights to FX Network's television program "Justified" secured by Amazon.
- PPV outlook: Partly sunny. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 14, p30
Reports on the positive forecast for the pay-per-view business in the television programming industry in the United States. Anticipation for Mike Tyson's return to the ring; Cable system operators' emphasis on the importance of unregulated pay-per-view revenue.
- HBO PRIMES 2ND FEEVEE. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;7/7/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the development of the male-oriented television channel Max Prime by pay television HBO Latin America. Details of the programming of the network; Impact of the network on the effort of the company to stimulate the development of digital cable; Percentage subscribers of the network.
- Creators savor less restrictions. Lott, David // Daily Variety;05/05/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 45, pA6
Reports on the growing number of television program creators shifting to pay television in the United States. Restrictions on network television causing show creators to work on pay television; Pros and cons of being on pay television; Ability of creators to control their work on pay television.
- Is there life after pay cable? Heuton, Cheryl // MediaWeek;5/30/94, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p14
Focuses on the increasing popularity of adult programs in pay-cable networks. Success of Home Box Office's `Tales From the Crypt' television program; Comparison between pay cable networks and broadcast television; HBO's syndication for its `Dream On' television program.
- Sundance 'Falls' for pix. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;10/16/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 8, p3
Reports the pay television rights acquired of Sundance Channel for the television programs 'Kaaterskill Falls' and 'Riders'.
- Top 10 grossing pay per view events. // Variety;6/10/96, Vol. 363 Issue 6, p30
Lists the top 10 grossing pay per view events in television in the United States ranked by gross retail dollars.
- SURVEY: MULTIPLE DEVICE ACCESS UPS PAY-TV VALUE. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/17/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p8
The article reports on the result of a study conducted by EpixHD.com which reveals that pay television subscribers prefer multiple device access to TV Everywhere content.