- What's On HDTV. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jun2003, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p63
Provides the listing for several high-definition television programming in the U.S. Network television; Local broadcasts; Cable television.
- If cable doesn't give people what they want, somebody else will. Luftman, Mike // Cable World (10427228);8/11/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p42
Expresses views on the impact of high definition television (HDTV) on the cable business in the U.S. Growth of cable systems that offer HDTV as of August 11, 2003; Advantage of HDTV to cable; Qualities of HDTV.
- Must-carry technical fallout. Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Feb2008, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p42
The author reflects on the significance of material degradation on cable industry in the U.S. He noted that cable operators have several options to accomplish the downconversion which include delivering a high definition television program. He believed that the cable operators will be happy if...
- Eastern Show's verdict on HDTV: See you later. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p6
Focuses on the difference between the attitudes of cable operators and broadcasters attending the 1998 Eastern Show in Orlando, Florida, toward high-definition television (HDTV). Broadcasters and television manufacturers' extolling of the virtues of HDTV while cable operators remain largely...
- Cable should benefit from broadcast network upheaval. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/15/95, Vol. 125 Issue 20, p26
Reports that cable television networks in the United States are gaining advertising benefits from an unstable network broadcasting system where stations have a fast change of affiliation. Cable television advertisements; Share points of cable networks in prime time; Confusion from network shifting.
- Interconnects Eye Robust 2000 Sales. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p78
Highlights the strong advertising sales posted by major-market cable television operators in the United States for the first quarter of 2000. Projection that the robust first-quarter results should continue in the next quarters; Strong sales from automotive and media categories.
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Brandweek;09/20/99, Vol. 40 Issue 35, Media Outlook p38
Presents an outlook on cable programming in the United States for 2000. Merger activities of cable networks; Cable program ratings in 1999; Predictions on the increase in cable advertising; Obstacles in cable network growth.
- Interconnects on the increase. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the growing demand for cable interconnects for helping national and regional marketers reach television viewers across an entire local television market in the U.S. Benefits of an interconnect system to advertisers; Percentage increase in national spot cable advertising in 2002;...
- HBO READY TO HELP LI'L BUDDY CINEMAX. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p16
Talks about the support given by cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to its sister channel Cinemax, through advertisements in its network,in July 2002 in the U.S. Decline in the subscriber count of Cinemax; Percentage of pay-TV households in the U.S. which order HBO as their first...