Rainbow Networks Get More From Miramax
- Pic nets tout personality. Dempsey, John // Variety;12/11/95 Television, Vol. 361 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the branding or identity building efforts of cable television networks which make their programming lineups around movies. Success of HBO and AMC in carving out brand messages; Branding strategies of other cable television networks, such as Showtime and Starz.
- Putting HBO on the TV movie map. Shales, Tom // Electronic Media;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p25
Traces various stages by which the cable television channel Home Box Office (HBO) has become a movie channel. Various movies broadcast on the channel; Comparison in HBO movies and theatrical films.
- Cable movie wars heat up. Burgi, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;11/7/94, Vol. 44 Issue 45, p12
Reports on the competition between the movie channels of cable television networks. Competition between FXM, Turner Classic Movies and American Movie Classics (AMC); Number of subscribers; Potential outcome of the competition; Advantages claimed by Turner and AMC.
- B'busters get double teamed. Dempsey, John // Variety;12/07/98, Vol. 373 Issue 4, p9
Details the growing number of alliances among cable television (TV) film buyers and television networks. Factors that triggered the alliances; Strategic move made by Fox network and FX cabler; Partnership between Warner Bros., New Line and Turner's TBS and TNT.
- Originals drive networks' brand. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p16
Reports on cable television networks' original movie offerings in the United States. Strengthening of a brand identity; Price tags for original motion pictures.
- ITV revives scheme for peaktime films. Bentley, Stephanie // Marketing Week;4/8/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p16
Discloses plans of ITV to revive its ITV Film Initiative project. Partnership of ITV with Granada Film in the production of movies to be shows in television; Summary outline of premiere offer `Girls' Night'; Reaction of cynics; Future plans.
- USA cabler gets 'Class' Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;09/12/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 7, p5
Reports on USA Networks cable network's commissioning of the television film 'Class Warfare,' to debut in the United States, by 2001.
- Retaking initiative. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the ITV cable television network's revision of its policy on movie investments in Great Britain. Efforts of the network to revive its ITV Film Initiative; ITV's agreement with various companies for the television rights to motion pictures; ITV's programming strategy.
- TNT to form original series unit. Katz, Richard // Variety;07/20/98, Vol. 371 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on TNT cable television network's plan to create a department for original series development and expand its series production. Number of original films to be televised by the cable web in 1998.