GSN Doesn't 'Dodge' Series Promotion
- Wanted: Viewers for new cable channels. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/3/94, Vol. 353 Issue 9, p1
Reports on cable networks' measures to attract viewers in the face of a decline in their primetime ratings. Spinoff channel setups; Initiatives to shore up programming and visibility; Impact of network abundance on viewership shares.
- Skewing younger. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/31/94, Vol. 124 Issue 44, p20
Reports that WTBS-TV is adding a lineup of new programming that will include syndiated weekly music series `Live from the House of Blues' and a daily morning show `A Morning Affair' in an effor to broaden its audience to include younger demographics.
- Comcast Gaining Vs. Disney In Distributor Content. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;1/19/2016, p00
The article reports on the projected gains for the cable television firms in content deals in 2016.
- Cable courts kids. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 30, p66
Lists cable networks involved in children's programming. Turner Broadcasting System's Cartoon network; Family Channel; Learning Channel; Nickelodeon; Sci-fi Channel; WTBS; TNT; USA Network; Pay television programming.
- HBO trumpets Saturday night at the movies. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;8/8/94, Vol. 124 Issue 32, p24
Reports on the plan of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch a marketing campaign to promote the network's guarantee of a new, first-on-cable movie premiere every Saturday night. Marketing budget; Television and radio promotions; Mall tour; Sweepstakes promotion; Print advertisement in `People' and...
- Promo pickle for original cable shows. Dempsey, John // Variety;11/18/96, Vol. 365 Issue 3, p27
Focuses on the difficulties faced by cable television networks in promoting their original television programs. Viewers' reluctance to sample television programs despite cable networks' marketing efforts; Market observers' comments.
- `Nick Nation' brand campaign hits air. Hogan // Multichannel News;10/25/99, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p32
Reports on cable television network Nickelodeon's launch of an advertising campaign dubbed `Nick Nation' and targeted to children, parents and advertisers. Aim to reinforce the network's philosophy of putting children first; Description of the television commercials; Cost of outside media buys...
- MTV Availability Reaches 100 Million Mark In Europe. Masson, Gordon // Billboard;7/21/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the number of homes in which television programming by MTV Europe Networks is available in Europe. Continued expansion of MTV programming; Regional marketing strategies which are credited for the growth; Overall challenges to the popular music industry which affect the network.
- TV brands in the digital age. Beale, Claire // Campaign (UK);06/04/99, Issue 22, p30
Discusses the marketing initiatives of Great Britain's cable television networks ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and BSkyB. Advertising budget; Images and tagline; Media buying agency; Advertising agency; Marketing director; Implications of the advent of digital television; Channel programming and...