SVOD Over Broadband Finally Gets Real
- John Sie: All the right movies. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;11/24/97, Vol. 127 Issue 48, p28
Profiles John Sie, chief executive officer of cable television network Starz!. Success in turning the company into a cash generating interest; Foray in the first-run movie channel arena; Offer of a gamut of services to customers.
- Starz! gets Real via online movie service. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;6/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 49, p8
Reports that pay-television network Starz! is going digital as it launches the first online film subscription service with Internet media company RealNetworks. Launch of the Starz! Ticket on Real Movies in June 14, 2004; Downloading of movies for subscribers who pay U.S.$12.95 per month; Impact...
- Starz! Ticket Eyes Video Portables. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/6/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p30
The article announces that cable and satellite movie distributor Starz Encore Group has taken its service to a new platform by pioneering Internet-reliant movie distribution for laptop personal computer (PC) users. It is called Starz! Ticket, the new service launched in June 2004 offering...
- Starz!, Real double pic plans. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/15/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 55, p6
Reports that the Starz! pay television network has increased the number of online movies it offers in partnership with RealNetworks. Features of the Starz! Ticket on Real Movies service; Competition with Internet video stores and services; RealPlayer feature's enabling of subscribers to watch a...
- John J. Sie. // ColoradoBiz;Oct2001, Vol. 28 Issue 10, pC56
Profiles John J. Sie, chief executive officer of Starz Encore Group LLC in Colorado. Expertise on programming, marketing and technological issues; Work experience before joining the cable and satellite provider; Service on various industry committees.
- John Sie: SVOD's Impatient Architect. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p26A
Presents an interview with John Sie, chairman of Starz Encore Group LLC on subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) in the United States. Business failures of AT&T; Combination between analog and digital; Company operation of Starz Encore Group.
- John Sie: man with a plan. Miller, Stuart // Daily Variety;04/02/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 24, pA2
Profiles John Sie, chairman of Starz Encore Media Group LLC, a cable television operator in the United States. Career history; Establishment of the firm with media magnate John Malone; Creation of digital and direct broadcast satellite network with themed channels.
- STARZ! demanding TiVo VOD. Sporich, Brett // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;09/19/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 43, p6
Reports the development process of a subscription video-on demand premium service in the Internet between STARZ! Encore Group and TiVo Inc. in the United States. Benefits of the service for TiVo subscribers; Estimated subscription fee per month; Details of the direct-merchandising program...
- Starz inks PPV pact with TiVo. Hettrick, Scott // Variety;09/25/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 6, p48
Reports that digital video recording service TiVo has partnered with cable television company Starz Encore Group to develop subscription video on demand and pay-per-view services. Partnership of TiVo with the Professional Golfers' Association Tour; Features of the TiVo service following the...