11M Wave So Long to 'The Sopranos'
- Nielsen Primetime Ratings Report. // Daily Variety;7/2/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 62, p7
Several charts on Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s primetime rating reports including the top shows, the top cable networks and the total television viewers are presented.
- NIELSEN RATINGS REPORT March 28-April 3, 2005. // Daily Variety;4/6/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 3, p7
Presents the Nielsen Ratings Report for March 28, 2005 to April 3, 2005. Top 25 shows in the 18-49 age bracket and the 25-54 age bracket; Top cable networks; Top shows of various television networks.
- Cable Debates Originals vs. Off-Net. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;9/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on a debate between cable networks and broadcasters over whether to rely on original programming to increase television viewer ratings during the summer season of 2003. Prediction of Nielsen Media Research on the capability of original programming to generate ratings; Plans of several...
- 'Deadwood' comes alive in HBO bow. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;3/24/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 63, p1
Television channel, Home Box Office's (HBO) series premiere of "Deadwood" on March 21, 2004 witnessed an average 5.8 million viewers. That's the best yet for an original series debut on the channel HBO. "Deadwood" which had the benefit of a substantial lead-in from the series "The Sopranos,"...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 33, p11
Presents data on the performance of cable television in the U.S. as of August 2005 according to Nielsen Media Research. Income per capita of viewers; Top syndicated TV programs based on audience rating; Information on commercial TV stations.
- People's choice: Cable's top 25. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p120
Lists the top cable television programs in the United States for the week January 4-10, 1999 ranked according to audience preference. Time slot; Percent market share.
- Where the Boys Are. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on the success of ESPN cable television network in reaching its targeted male audience. Factors which contributed to the increase in ratings and viewership of ESPN cable television network in 2004; Strategy of the network to attract male viewers; Amount of time spent by a U.S. viewer a...
- Originals Click for Cable. Frutkin, Alan James // MediaWeek;6/24/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p5
Reports the increasing popularity of cable television programs in the U.S. as of June 2002. Audience viewership share posted by several cable television programs; Impact of increased viewership on the cable television industry; Factors attributed to the success of the industry.
- ITV slips beneath 30% viewing share. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);8/24/2000, p5
Reports on the decline in the television viewership share of ITV from April to June 2000 by 30%, according to the figures from the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising. Increase in the audience share of Channel 5.