Univision Sues to Stop LPMs
- Attack on LPMs Heads to Court. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;6/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p3
Reports that Univision, a Spanish-language broadcaster in the U.S., has filed for an injunction to delay the launch of the local people meter service by Nielsen Media Research. Allegations of Univision against Nielsen Media; Reaction of Nielsen Media to the claims in the lawsuit filed by...
- Univision Sues Nielsen. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;6/14/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p7
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Univision Communications against Nielsen Media Research in an attempt to stop the TV-ratings firm's launching of the local people meters (LPM) service in Los Angeles, California on July 8, 2004. Nature of the lawsuit filed against Nielsen; Reaction of Nielsen to...
- Dressing up the news. Nadel, Laurie // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct1982, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p14
This article discusses the actions initiated by Christine Craft, an anchorwoman at KMBC-TV in Kansas City, Missouri, against her removal from her position in the network in 1981. News director Ridge Shannon told her that the television audience does not like her according to a survey conducted...
- Overtime for NFL Net, Comcast. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/18/2008, Vol. 404 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that NFL Network, an American television network, plans to bring a discrimination action against Comcast Corp., U.S.'s biggest cable company for keeping the NFL Network off the most popular cable tier. NFL executives said that negotiations about where on the tier the network...
- THE ODD COUPLE: UNIVISION AND NIELSEN. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;7/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the petition of Univision to the California Superior Court over the representation of Hispanics in Nielsen Media Research's new Local People Meter samples. Information on the case; Comments from Nielsen spokesman Jack Loftus on the issue.
- The quest for NUMBER ONE. Panckhurst, Paul // AdMedia;Feb2002 50 Years of Advertising, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the history of the television commercial in New Zealand. Impression of the audience on the commercial; Concept of the television commercial; Impact of the television commercial to the audience.
- TELEVISION: The '70s. Staff, Bryan // AdMedia;Feb2002 50 Years of Advertising, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the introduction of the color television in New Zealand. Impact of the color television to the viewers; Advantages of color television; Effect of television to the children.
- Channel races ahead. // AdMedia;Oct2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p47
Presents information on the all action channel of New Zealand called TAB Trackside. Year of launch of the channel; Operations of the channel; Viewership of the channel; Types of programs broadcast by the channel.
- Purchasing plans & budgets: Going forbread-and-butter products. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the purchasing plans and budgets of television (TV) broadcasting stations for the year 2001. Details on the final purchasing decision of TV station reader for facilities houses; Annual budget of the TV stations; Intention of TV station readers to acquire switcher and router equipments.