Quick Start to Summer
- Original Wins. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/12/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 49, p30
The article discusses USA Network's heightening status. USA Network is increasingly becoming more and more popular in the U.S. It has long been expected to find not only a focus but also a brand and now, thanks to shows such as "Monk" and "The Dead Zone," it has at last found a style in edgy...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;9/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 180, p2
The article offers new briefs concerning cable television ratings in the U.S. as of September 16, 2005. The rating received by the children's television series "Jacks Big Music Show" during its simulcast on Nick Jr. is reported. The total viewers delivered by the season finale of the show...
- PERFORMANCE TRACKER. Worrell, Naomei // Television Week;6/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p22
Presents charts on the ratings of television programs in the U.S. from May 31 to June 6, 2004. Rating of prime time shows; Number of viewers recorded for several day time television programs; Rank of cable television networks based on household audience projections; List of the top cable...
- Just Like Fine Wine. Kaplan, David // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 19, p36
Describes the efforts of several cable networks in the U.S. to attract more viewers. Examples of cable networks that have been successful in drawing viewers; Television programs launched by Spike TV and History Channel to attract male viewers; Program to be launched by Lifetime in October 2004...
- Growing pains. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;5/3/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 18, pSR16
Provides information on the strategies to increase advertisers and viewership ratings of medium-sized cable operators owned by major network companies in the U.S. List of television programs that contribute to the ratings of the networks; Focus of network channels on specific groups as...
- The media generation. Schley, Stewart // CED;Dec2005, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p12
The article focuses on the business strategy followed by cable operator to increase television audience. Despite the vast popularity of family TV programs, it didn't take long for network executives to discern that audiences could be cultivated in a different manner, effectively by dividing and...
- Beyond the Fringe CABLE NETWORKS BUILDING STRONG LATE-NIGHT NICHES. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p12A
Provides information on late-night programming of cable television networks in the U.S. Performance of the late-night television programs of MTV and FX; Target audience of cable networks for their late-night shows; Increase in the number of late-night viewers.
- Coming Out in America. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p19
Features the emergence of gay television networks in the U.S. Cable television channels aimed at GLBT community in the country; Gay television audience in the country; Inception of gay television networks. INSETS: LESSONS FROM NORTH OF THE BORDER;WHY GAY NETWORKS ARE EMERGING;ON THE TECHNO EDGE.
- Weekly Prime-Time Ratings. Robbins, Stephanie // Television Week;5/28/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p18
Several charts offering information on ratings of television programs in the U.S. for the week of May 14-20, 2007 are presented, including the viewership levels gained by primetime programs, the ratings of cable programs and the audience share of cable networks.