Panel Member Tackles Concerns With IRS Committee Presentation
- IRS looking into D.C. deal for possible yield burning. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30388, p1
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is investigating whether yield burning occurred in a 1994 District of Columbia refunding bond issue. Presentation of IRS' employee plans and exempt organization division in the southeast region's group manager Charles Anderson; Yield burning...
- IRS Warns 12 Issues May Be Taxed. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30972, p1
Reports on the possible taxation of 12 bond issues in the United States according to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Alleged violation of tax laws by the issuers; Notification of major investors by the issuers.
- Study: Underwriters Violating IRS Pricing Rule. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32238, p1
Reports on the failure of some underwriters to meet an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rule on pricing, according to an academic study on trading and prices in the new-issue municipal market in the U.S. Conclusion of the study; Presentation of the study in a working paper written by professors at...
- IRS Probes Land-Backed Deal Parties. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's plan to audit a number of land-secured financings underwritten by Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Possibility that the bonds could be declared taxable if violations are found; Official statement for the unrated certificates of participation...
- IRS Questions Structure of $450M Tribal Issue Underwritten by Merrill Lynch. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/17/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p3
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service questioned the structure of a municipal bond underwritten by Merrill Lynch for the Seminole tribe of Florida in 2001. Value of the issue; Casino funded by the bond issue.
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33053, p30
The article lists the top ten e-mailed stories regarding bonds in the U.S. including the launching of the post-issuance compliance check on governmental bond issuers by the Internal Revenue Service, the municipal bond yield curve and the budget deficits in San Francisco, California.
- IRS Preliminarily Determines Calif. District's $46M Is Taxable. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;2/26/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32823, p5
The article reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has preliminarily determined that $45.6 million of general obligation refunding bonds issued in 2000 and 2001 by California's Pomona Unified School District are taxable. The district has disclosed that the IRS had sent the preliminary...
- IRS Issues Annual State-By-State QZAB Allocations. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p4
The article reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's announcement of the maximum face amount of qualified zone academy bonds (QZAB) that each United States state and territory can issue for calendar years 2006 and 2007. QZAB is used by municipal issuers to finance repairs and...
- IRS Tells 2 Issuers That Deals May Be Taxable. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p5
Reports on the warning of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on two issuers, the Altoona City Authority in Pennsylvania and the Manitowoc Community Development Authority in Wisconsin that their tax-exempt bonds issues could be declared taxable. Claim of IRS of possible violations committed...